Storing your vinyl tip and question

General discussion about Inkscape
Paula Anne

Storing your vinyl tip and question

Post by Paula Anne »

So, I have found an awesome and inexpensive way to store my vinyl.
I went to the liquor store. LOL!
Ok, yes, I really did, but I asked for some old boxes with the liquor bottle dividers in them.
The vinyl comes rolled anyhow, so I just sepearted the colors and put them into their own little slot.
pretty cool!

But, now my problem is storing vinyl that has been used.
The back of it is tacky if roll it (as I had been doing), it find it scratches the vinyl.
So, Now I am looking to see how I can store it without scratching.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paula
TheresaTT

Re: Storing your vinyl tip and question

Post by TheresaTT »

good idea on the box, but i am confused. why are u storing used vinyl. why is it sticky other than you having pulled off the back. :roll: and why are you pulling off the backing before ready to use. :oops: sorry, i don't understand what u are talking about.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
Paula Anne

Post by Paula Anne »

HI. I guess I did not explain this well.
After removing the vinyl from the cutting mat, the vinyl is tacky.
As a result, when I roll it up to restore it, when rolled the back side at one point touchs the left over vinyl and creates scratches.
Does that help?
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

If I am using vinyl small enough to fit on a mat I cut it off the roll in a roll wide section and store the unused bit like paper & card - flat in folders/ large envelopes.

If I am using vinyl off the roll it is normally larger cuts like wall art or lots of smaller cuts like stickers, in which case I fill the vinyl width by however long it needs to be and when cut just cut the used part off the roll so the roll always has a square cut end in either case
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you find the back paper gets some adhesive on it .. I'm assuming from your mat.. Just wipe it down with a baby wipe before storing it..
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Sweetness4713 wrote:If you find the back paper gets some adhesive on it .. I'm assuming from your mat.. Just wipe it down with a baby wipe before storing it..
It has never happened to be honest but yes that is what I would do if it did.
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial