Need a Jack - please help!

General discussion about Inkscape
MAGilmer

Need a Jack - please help!

Post by MAGilmer »

I am looking for a jack shape. From the game of jacks. The classic one played with a ball. I can't find one anywhere! I tried to turn an actual picture of one into an svg file - but ended up with WAY too many lines. I am using the shape (if I cam find one) as a stencil for a nursery rug. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Or if someone can point me in the direction of someone whom I can pay to design a file for me. I'm desperate and running out of time (baby is due in 6 weeks).
Thank you!
papasue

Re: Need a Jack - please help!

Post by papasue »

Here is one I drew for you. Pretty simple...just ovals with a circle welded to each end of two of them. FUN. I loved playing jacks as a young girl...oh the memories of being young. :P

Hope it works for you.
jackPS.png
jackPS.png (6.75 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
Attachments
jackPS.svg
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

wow Susan, i would have never thought of ovals and circles. SEE, thats why I don't create. heheheh
good job.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
MAGilmer

Post by MAGilmer »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I spent hours online looking for one! Thank you! Thank you! And thank you again! It is absolutely PERFECT!
lkc

Post by lkc »

Nice job, papaSue! :D
MAGilmer

Post by MAGilmer »

I am totally hopeless with all of this........... how do I turn the jack file into an svg? I tried using inkscape and tracing the bitmap? but my image did not show up in the box? Thank you in advance for any help!!!!!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, the svg file is in the original post, see below the picture, under "attachment" Just download and then you might have to delete an extension that gets added. In your download folder you will see

jackPS.svg.xml

delete the .xml and you have your svg file.
Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 7.46.17 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 7.46.17 AM.png (21.35 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.