Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
MINDYCURRY

Re: Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by MINDYCURRY »

I just cam on here to see what was going on and ran across this post. Well guess what I just received in the mail last week? You guessaed it I had to buy the Eclipse!
Thank you for all the information and I can't wait to play with the new SCAL also!
determined

Post by determined »

I for one am excited to see this come about. I have the circuit baby circuit regular cricut cake cricut imagine silhouette and now the sizzix eclipse.. I bought the eclipse for this reason among others. I love using my silhouette and imagine. Will probably just give away my two other circuts. Would have loved to see Provocraft see the value in the marriage of this idea with their machine. But in the end it is their machine and their decision, just as it is my decision to move on or stay. no worries here. THey all have great capabilities.
PPDMary

Post by PPDMary »

Hi, I am a little confused do we have a firm date in October that we will be able to use Eclips and SCAL3? When it is avaiable what do we have to do in order for them to work together?
Thank you,
Mary
jessie1

Post by jessie1 »

craftedge wrote:Dear Sizzix and Sure Cuts A Lot fans,

At CHA Summer in July, Sizzix and SCAL announced that they are working together to launch a new version of the very popular SCAL software that will be exclusively compatible with the Sizzix eclips machine. With the unique features and capabilities of the eclips machine, it is necessary to develop a “stand alone” software solution that allows the user to leverage such machine features as scoring, laser cut preview and others, which are not available on other consumer electronic cutters.

This software is in the beta test phase and is anticipated to be available at a special price for consumers to purchase at their favorite Sizzix retailer in October of 2011. Watch for more details coming soon.

This is really a great news for me.
Sofas Perth love this stuff
timlee

Post by timlee »

Any updates on an actual release date??
lizhagag

Post by lizhagag »

timlee wrote:Any updates on an actual release date??

all i know is i pre ordered my program and is says arriving end of oct.
lizhagag

Post by lizhagag »

so its past the end of october, we are now in november. is this releast yet?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Now this is interesting! I was wandering around svgcuts today and saw this ad for SCAL on eclips. I haven't seen any notice from CE about it, but it must be coming soon.

http://pumpkincartcrafts.com/index.php? ... x&cPath=20
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jearise

Post by jearise »

I pre-ordered the SCAL for my Eclips on October 30th from Oh My Crafts. On their site they stated that the release date was the end of October. I figured waiting until the very end of the month would have it ready to install on my computer. No go. I sent an email to Oh My Crafts on October 31st inquiring when the release date really is and I got a courteous and prompt response saying that the release date is now set for the middle of November. We are almost to the middle of November so we'll see. I did notice last week that SVGCuts is pre-selling the Eclips and SCAL for it so that means the near future I am sure. I will be very disappointed however, if this software is not available till December but I understand they want to get all the bugs worked out before releasing it to the public.
lizhagag

Post by lizhagag »

well my poor machine has been sitting doing nothing for the last couple of months and with living in canada i wont get it for extra 2 weeks from day its released :( i think they should compensate us for all of us that pre ordered the program and waiting this long.