Help please! :)

General discussion about Inkscape
sarahjanell

Help please! :)

Post by sarahjanell »

Hi there!

I am somewhat new to SCAL and just came across this forum - what an amazing community and resource! I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to convert a logo into an svg using Inkscape, but it's not turning out quite right. I've tried a couple different settings within the "Trace Bitmap" menu, and it either leaves off part of the logo (everything that appears in yellow) or with some settings, I can get it to process the whole logo, but the edges come out really blurry. Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I've attached a few files so you can see what I'm talking about:

1. The svg it produces using Multiple Scans - colors setting. This one gets the whole logo, but comes out completely blurry!
2. The svg it produces using the Trace Bitmap - Single Scan - Brightness cutoff setting
3. The original logo

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...thanks so much! :)

Sarah
Attachments
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png (93.22 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (61.63 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
Back and Body Chiropractic_13848_medium.jpg
Back and Body Chiropractic_13848_medium.jpg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
Craigg64

Re: Help please! :)

Post by Craigg64 »

Hi
Welcome to the forum and excellent attempt. There is so many ways to trace images and it is not an exact science. You need to adjust the various setting untill yoy get the desired result.
I used the Multi scan method with the following settings.
Logo.jpg
Logo.jpg (53.15 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
This produced a group that when I broke it apart gave me the blue letters on their own and a gold elements plus the back and body in gold also. So using Inkscape I deleted the gold back and body.
My svg is attached

Hope that helps
Attachments
logo.svg
(26.61 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46
sarahjanell

Re: Help please! :)

Post by sarahjanell »

This is fabulous...thanks SO much Craig! I really appreciate it. :)