Help with image traced using Inkscape

General discussion about Inkscape
CBJPL31

Help with image traced using Inkscape

Post by CBJPL31 »

I scanned these from a magazine, imported them to Inkscape to trace and make a pattern to cut. If you import them into SCA you can see the very edges where the square is is cut off. Why is this? This has happened to other images too. I don't see it in Inkscape, it is only noticeable after I save and open in SCA. Any ideas? Even better, any ideas how to keep it from happening?
Also, I assume that since these patterns were printed in the magazine they aren't copyrighted so I'm not doing anything wrong with posting them here....hopefully.

Edited: Had to delete as they are copyrighted...for only personal use and not allowed posted here. Darn laws!!!! :roll:
Last edited by CBJPL31 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Nicole~
ChristineH

Re: Help with image traced using Inkscape

Post by ChristineH »

mine did the same thing? I havnt had time to try and cut them so Im not sure if it will cut that way?
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

CBJPL31 wrote:I scanned these from a magazine, imported them to Inkscape to trace and make a pattern to cut. If you import them into SCA you can see the very edges where the square is is cut off. Why is this? This has happened to other images too. I don't see it in Inkscape, it is only noticeable after I save and open in SCA. Any ideas? Even better, any ideas how to keep it from happening?
Also, I assume that since these patterns were printed in the magazine they aren't copyrighted so I'm not doing anything wrong with posting them here....hopefully.
I don't think that it is cut off, I think it is just following along the line. If you stretch it out, you can see that the line is there. Have you tried to cut it yet? Let us know if it cuts out right.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

I haven't tried to cut it yet. I'll try it tomorrow. Ran out of time tonight. I'll post back when I do. I hope you're right and it's not cut off. I was bummed when I saw that. I wanted to cut it right away and see but just didn't have time.
~Nicole~