Inkscape and Vista, are they compatible????

General discussion about Inkscape
mtscrap

Inkscape and Vista, are they compatible????

Post by mtscrap »

Hello, I just went to the Inkscape site and nowhere do I see if it's compatible with Vista? Do any of you have this info, maybe I just overlooked it there, but I did see where the newest stable version was good to go with other versions of windows, I just didn't see Vista. HELP??
jancy

Re: Inkscape and Vista, are they compatible????

Post by jancy »

I have no idea, sorry.

just want you to know you're not being ignored ;)
sboz

Post by sboz »

Well........... I have Vista and I have Inkscape v.045 and 'so far' they seem to be working together okay. The only thing I have found so far is that the shortcut key combo ctrl+) mentioned in one of the Inkscape tutorials used to enlarge your mat (called "Outset") in Inkscape doesn't seem to work.... but... if I use atl P E it works. Again, I think this is because I have a different version of Inkspace versus the version used in the tutorial.

Shari
Bug Safe: http://www.pbase.com/bugsafe/inbox
My Blog - "The Bug Stop" - where you can find my .cut files:
http://thebugstop.blogspot.com/
susibi

Post by susibi »

The best version to use at the moment is 0.45.1 ie the latest stable version. There is a prerelease of 0.46 but they are still bug hunting so I'll carry on with what i've got until they give it the all clear.
Susibi :D
the Ctrl ) or Path>Outset function works in all the versions, remember the full command is Ctrl +shift +)
Last edited by susibi on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtscrap

Post by mtscrap »

Thank you both so much for the replies, I'll go see what version is setting on my desktop waiting for the go-ahead. :lol:
susibi wrote:The best version to use at the moment is 0.45.1 ie the latest stable version. There is a prerelease of 0.46 but they are still bug hunting so I'll carry on with what i've got until they give it the all clear.
Susibi :D
Wow, you all are quick with the replies! That is the version I downloaded Susibi, and Shari, I'm going to get brave and install it! Wish me luck and thank you again.
dlwrules

Post by dlwrules »

Im using inkscape on vista. Not proficient at it, but I am using it.
Donna Lee

Saying THANKS to Todd for this amazing software and for this very helpful forum, and to all those who are sharing their time and talents here
M.Newton

Post by M.Newton »

I have Vista and Inkscape works just fine.