Need Help Please

General discussion about Inkscape
peglove

Need Help Please

Post by peglove »

Can someone please help me with this. I have tried in inkscape and just cannot figure out how to do it. I would like for it to cut a whole A and a whole O so that I can layer them. It's above my level of learning in inkscape. Thank you in advance for your help.

Peggy
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (22.4 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
talanhart

Re: Need Help Please

Post by talanhart »

Will this work? I did the breaks in the A. If you want a solid A, let me know.
Todd
peglove

Post by peglove »

Thank you so much Todd. It is just perfect. I don't know how you guys get such perfection in Inkscape. Nodes are evil and they don't like me a bit. They seem to multiply and run in opposite directions when I try to work with them. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I will keep trying with Inkscape.... maybe someday I'll master it.

Peggy
peglove

Post by peglove »

Todd, I spoke too soon. I tried to import into Scal2 and get the message: Failed to load the SVG file. The SVG file is either invalid or does not contain any vector information to import. I've tried several times saving it, etc. and still can't import. Any ideas?

Peggy
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

It works fine in SCAL 2.030. What version of SCAL are you using?
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I just downloaded the file and it worked for me. When you saved the file, what extension does it have?
Todd
peglove

Post by peglove »

I am using Scal 2.030. It is saved as a SVG and it's properties also show SVG. I shut down the computer thinking there was a glitch somewhere and tried again, but still get the same message. I can't figure it out. I can't open it by importing it into Inkscape either. I can only get it to open if I download it into my downloads file and the computer then puts it in a download area at the bottom of my screen. ( I have to open the downloaded files from the bottom of the screen and then can move them to files.) If I double click on the file in the bottom area of my screen, it will automatically open the file with Inkscape and then I can see it in Inkscape. I have tried saving it from Inkscape and then taking it to Scal2, but that doesn't work either. .
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Open the file in Inkscape and save it as a Plain SVG and not an Inkscape SVG.
Todd
peglove

Post by peglove »

That did the trick! Yes, you are a genius! Thank you so much!

Gratefully,
Peggy