double cutting lines

General discussion about Inkscape
peglove

double cutting lines

Post by peglove »

Hi, I'm still learning SCAL and Inkscape. I have successfully scanned in my pattern, traced in both inkscape and SCAL, but when I cut it, it custs twice and has a thread width line left on the mat? What am I doing wrong. I do not have multiple cuts on on the Cricut.

Also I used to have a node tool in my inkscape, but it disappeared from the little tool box on screen. Any ideas how to get it back. I can't find anyway.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: double cutting lines

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Try your breakapart feature on SCAL.. That could be the reason you are getting double cuts.. It's probably recognizing it as a picture on top of of a picture...
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

When you trace in either SCAL or Inkscape, it will create a cutting line anywhere there is contrast. So when you trace a drawn line it will create a cutting line on both sides of the drawn line.

Another way to look at it is that anything that is black in your original image is what will be cut out. If you have a solid black square it will cut a square. If you have a line around a white square, what will actually cut is the shape of the line. HTH
beckylouwho

Post by beckylouwho »

She still did not get an answer. I am researching the same problem. The break apart option does not work on a drawing that has been traced.