Inkscape not showing trace

General discussion about Inkscape
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Inkscape not showing trace

Post by lindamac »

I downloaded the newest version of Inkscape (48). Now when I go to trace the image, nothing happens. The trace window is blank so I don't know if my trace is working or not. If I go down into the mat and click on it, the trace window will show the trace after I hit ok. By then, if it didn't get a good trace, I have to delete everything and then re-import and start over. Is anyone else having this problem?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Inkscape not showing trace

Post by HeatherM »

I have found this too. What seems to work in this version is to just paste the image instead of importing or opening it, but you must do this before you try previewing an imported/opened image or it still won't work. If you try a preview and nothing shows, I have found that you have to close Ink and re-open to get the trace preview to work on any image. :?

Ink 0.48 has really changed how images are handled, it either automatically embeds the images (when you paste an image into Ink) or gives you the option of linking or embedding.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Re: Inkscape not showing trace

Post by lindamac »

I'll try pasting next time. I have no idea what embedding or linking does so I just say to embed. Do you think this is an issue that Inkscape will fix?