Vacation with Cricut and SCAL

General discussion about Inkscape
judyr

Vacation with Cricut and SCAL

Post by judyr »

I would like to take my Cricut out of town with me. Is there a way to take my SCAL too. Do I need the original cd and load the program into her computer? or can I put the designs I think she will like on a jump drive and take that? I'm not very computer savy so an help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Judy
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Vacation with Cricut and SCAL

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you haven't downloaded SCAL2 more than twice on your computer you may be able to download it to hers.. But that would null and void your second usage of SCAL2 .. If you try downloading a 3rd time you will have to get a new registration number...
jayem

Post by jayem »

Judy I think you will find that your friend will also need to have the SCAL programme loaded on to her computer. You could load your SVG files on to a USB and when you are using the programme to import SVG files, you would direct it to the USB rather than the hard drive.

If you have a laptop it would probably be easier just to take that as it would have SCAL and your SVG files on it.

What an exciting time you have ahead of you being able to share your creations with a friend.
Jan
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus
judyr

Post by judyr »

Thank you both for the help. With no laptop guess I'll take the CD with me and see what happens.
Thanks again, Judy
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you update to 2.021 it has a deactivate option in the Help menu. This will free up an activation for you so that you can install SCAL on her computer. Just be sure to deactivate the copy on her computer before you leave so that it will be available for you when you get home. There is no need to take a copy of SCAL with you unless she doesn't have internet. Just download from the Craft Edge website and activate it with your serial number. HTH
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

HeatherM wrote:If you update to 2.021 it has a deactivate option in the Help menu. This will free up an activation for you so that you can install SCAL on her computer. Just be sure to deactivate the copy on her computer before you leave so that it will be available for you when you get home. There is no need to take a copy of SCAL with you unless she doesn't have internet. Just download from the Craft Edge website and activate it with your serial number. HTH
I visited the Craft Edge site and need help. I was going to see what the 2.021 that was going to be different and couldn't find the info on the new version? And was it for Windows or Mac?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

They haven't updated the documentation yet, but changes include the ability to export svg, png, and bmp, and import pdf files directly. I have a more detailed list of the changes that I found here. It looks like both the Mac and Windows versions are 2.021.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

There is only 2.012.. I"m not seeing 2.021
judyr

Post by judyr »

Heather,

Thank you so much for the info. I just updated and will try exactly what you said. Guess we will see just how it works.

Thanks again for the info,
Judy
nls09

Post by nls09 »

Sweetness4713

That's because they hid it =) here is the link for the newest version

http://www.craftedge.com/download/download_new.html