What do you want to know how to do in inkscape?

General discussion about Inkscape
kkrewtea

Re: What do you want to know how to do in inkscape?

Post by kkrewtea »

WAy to go Jancy!

Shirl
scrapbooker08

Post by scrapbooker08 »

jancy wrote:If I can answer any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

I don't know everything about the program, but I make my own files in inkscape all the time (to use with my wishblade).

Feel free to ask away or send me a message :)

I would like to know how to open the program! I downloaded in on my Mac and I cannot even open the program! Please help! :)
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Did you install the program after downloading? I don't have a MAC, but with Windows, after you install, it will create an icon on the desktop. Do you have an icon on your main screen? If so, just double click the icon.
rungirl3k

Post by rungirl3k »

I am having trouble with a simple rectangle. I want it to have the rounded corners and I made it in inkscape and save it but when I open it in SCAL it has the 90* corners again. I am sure that it is something simple that I am not getting. I have tried several times and different things but no luck so far. I want to use it to make word books- and I thought the letters would cause problems. Thanks
jmkdparks

Post by jmkdparks »

Hi. I just downloaded the New Pooh dingbat TT font. I extracted and saved the font on my control panel and I can print the font in Power Point and on Craft Robo, however Inkscape doesn't have it listed on the font list. I've restarted the computer to see if that will help and had no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
K
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

rungirl3k wrote:I am having trouble with a simple rectangle. I want it to have the rounded corners and I made it in inkscape and save it but when I open it in SCAL it has the 90* corners again. I am sure that it is something simple that I am not getting. I have tried several times and different things but no luck so far. I want to use it to make word books- and I thought the letters would cause problems. Thanks
Do you need to do it in Inkscape? There is a rectangle and a square in SCAL under Shapes that have curved corners. The square you can always stretch to make a rectangle and the rectangle that is there is up and down so you might have to turn it around to get it to go long wise. Then for a word book you just type the font you want and weld it and the rectangle and you are ready to cut - all in SCAL.

Raewyn
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

rungirl3k wrote:I am having trouble with a simple rectangle. I want it to have the rounded corners and I made it in inkscape and save it but when I open it in SCAL it has the 90* corners again. I am sure that it is something simple that I am not getting. I have tried several times and different things but no luck so far. I want to use it to make word books- and I thought the letters would cause problems. Thanks

That is an empty box. When you create the rounded corner square in Inkscape, make sure you do Path>Object to Path before you save. You should do Path>Object to Path on anything you create in Inkscape and want to import into SCAL.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
rungirl3k

Post by rungirl3k »

Sorry it took me so long to reply but that object to path part was it. Life is crazy with 2 little ones. Thank you so much for this and to be willing for all of us to ask these questions.
clash

Post by clash »

I am brand new at this and am having a problem. I have several images that I haved used inkscape to save as svg. When I import them to SCAL all I see is an empty box. What could possibly be the problem?
jancy

Post by jancy »

clash wrote:I am brand new at this and am having a problem. I have several images that I haved used inkscape to save as svg. When I import them to SCAL all I see is an empty box. What could possibly be the problem?
did you trace the image before saving as an svg or did you just open the image, save as svg & then import?

if you don't trace it in inkscape, it won't work for you.