What do you want to know how to do in inkscape?

General discussion about Inkscape
jancy

What do you want to know how to do in inkscape?

Post by jancy »

If I can answer any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

I don't know everything about the program, but I make my own files in inkscape all the time (to use with my wishblade).

Feel free to ask away or send me a message :)
grandma wendy

Re: What do you want to know how to do in inkscape?

Post by grandma wendy »

Please, please, please!!! I'm stuck at square one. When I go to the Inkscape sight, I tried to download (3 times) but I can't find any sign of the download in my programs file. On trial download 4 (!) I did see a reigstration screen but I chickened out. Do you set up an account (email, password, etc.)? Do you log into the program each time you use it? Any help will be appreciated! THANKS!!!!!!
Wendy
jancy

Post by jancy »

grandma wendy wrote:Please, please, please!!! I'm stuck at square one. When I go to the Inkscape sight, I tried to download (3 times) but I can't find any sign of the download in my programs file. On trial download 4 (!) I did see a reigstration screen but I chickened out. Do you set up an account (email, password, etc.)? Do you log into the program each time you use it? Any help will be appreciated! THANKS!!!!!!
Wendy
you should be able to use it by clicking a shortcut button on your desktop after you download.

did you check & see if it was listed in the list of programs on your computer? (click start, then all programs & your list should pop up)
grandma wendy

Post by grandma wendy »

Thank you! I managed to weld letters but can't seem to save. I "save as" but it doesn't save. That seems pretty easy to do and I'm having trouble. . .oh, well. I have to pick a garden full of weeds and then I will return and keep trying. I appreciate your help!
jancy

Post by jancy »

grandma wendy wrote:Thank you! I managed to weld letters but can't seem to save. I "save as" but it doesn't save. That seems pretty easy to do and I'm having trouble. . .oh, well. I have to pick a garden full of weeds and then I will return and keep trying. I appreciate your help!
when you click save as, make sure you're saving it to a location or folder that you can easily find.

also, if a black box pops up, DO NOT CLOSE THAT BOX. that is the inkscape program working & saving your file.
grandma wendy

Post by grandma wendy »

Jancy, you're getting me closer and closer to being proficient with each reply! I changed the destination folder so I know where the saved work is going now. I opened SCA and imported and it imported but the box was empty. . .not good. Any ideas? Thanks,
Wendy
(I feel like a toddler who has lost one of her training wheels)
jancy

Post by jancy »

wendy, can you zoom out in SCA?

many times, when you save a file as a svg in inkscape & open it in another program, the file is WAY off the viewing area you open it in & you can see it & move it if you zoom out.

I don't know if SCA has the option to zoom out or not, but if it does, try that.
vellumx

Post by vellumx »

Hi...!!! I'm just reading about inksape. I am doing a search to find out exactly what it is.

I haven't gotten the SCA YET(LOL)...I'm reading all I can to understand what works with what.

How does it work with SCA? Do I open SCA and inkscape at the same time? Do I use the inkscape program and then bring it to SCA? Or the other way around?

Thanks for all your help...anything you can tell me would be appreciated... :)
jancy

Post by jancy »

vellumx wrote:How does it work with SCA? Do I open SCA and inkscape at the same time? Do I use the inkscape program and then bring it to SCA? Or the other way around?

Thanks for all your help...anything you can tell me would be appreciated... :)
I can't help you with that, sorry---I don't have SCA. yet ;)

I can answer some questions about inkscape, but not SCA.
vellumx

Post by vellumx »

Ok, but can you give me anything? How do you use it with wishblade? I may be able to understand since I had the Pazzle at one time and that works pretty much like wishblade, that kinda works likes like a cross between SCA and Cricut...