ISO zebra print font

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
auntdooz

ISO zebra print font

Post by auntdooz »

I am in need of a zebra print "type" font (hopefully one that will cut on scal) every one I have found doesn't have a outer edge. I have only found ones with single stripes. I know I am asking for a lot. I need to create a welcome sign for my classroom door. It doesn't have to be zebra just something wild looking. I am going to shadow it with hot pink, neon green, neon orange, and turq. TIA
talanhart

Re: ISO zebra print font

Post by talanhart »

Follow this link to filling letters with a pattern. Here is a zebra pattern for you to use.

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... =45&t=6324

If you don't have Ink, let me know what words you want and I can make something for you.
Todd
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

I have ink, however I am a newbie. I have tried to follow the instructions and I thought I finally figured it out. BUT every time I try to import into scal it freezes and shuts down. I am using a font called dj chunky. I have cut with it before without a problem. I did get one cut and it was a "W" at 12x12 something didn't quite look right (son said it looked like a zebra's butt) LOL Todd, if you get a chance, I need the word "W E L C O M E" it is for my classroom door. 1st grade so any kind of chunky funky font would be great. (at this age the funkier the better) TIA
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you want to post a file, someone will take a look and see if they can figure out what the problem is. :)
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

I will try and upload the file. I still live in tha dark ages here (dial-up). It took 5 hours 45 minutes to download a handbook one day only to discover it would not work. I would really love to be able to do this any help in appreciated. I am a newbie so I need SIMPLE directions. LOL
Attachments
Wzebra.svg
(41.97 KiB) Downloaded 610 times
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

The file looked distorted because you used Object/Group. SCAL doesn't interpret that right and does strange things when that is used. You can use Path/Combine (Control K) instead if you want to keep things like the zebra stripes together.

The way the file was, everything would be cut into pieces since nothing was welded (Path/Union in Inkscape). Also, I think you mentioned multiple colors? I turned off the stroke on the letter since that won't cut, and used linked offset on the letter followed by Path/Object to path. Then I separated the pieces so you can cut three colors. If you don't want that, just line up the pieces that you want, select them, then Path/Union.

The file crashed SCAL when I tried importing it. Some files just seem to do this, so I copied and pasted it into a new file. This one doesn't cause a crash. Some people recommend saving as a plain svg instead of an Inkscape svg.
wzebra2.png
wzebra2.png (15.93 KiB) Viewed 10206 times
Attachments
Wzebra2.svg
(14.99 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

Thanks Heather, I will try again. I still have about 3 weeks before school starts(maybe by then I will have figured this out). If not I will just cut out the letters and cut them apart.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Try this!

(file is now on page 5, top)
Todd
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

OMG I love it!!!!!!!! Todd thanks so very much . I can only hope one day to be as talented. :D
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

It does look pretty cool if I do say so myself. LOL!
Todd