ISO zebra print font

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
auntdooz

Re: ISO zebra print font

Post by auntdooz »

Todd, just wanted to post back and tell you I cut the letters out last night. They turned out AWESOME!!! The other teachers are jealous. LOL I cut them at 12x12 on black paper and I am getting ready to cut them using blackout on neon colors. I will post a pic when I get them put on my door.

I still really want to learn how to do this. Are their any tutorials out there? I went to the link you mentioned, but I don't have illustrator. I am still new to ink so I need EASY directions.

I am deteremined I will learn how to do this!

Thanks Again! :D
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I can't wait to see your finished project.
There are lots of links to tutorials for Ink. I have Ink on my laptop at home, but I have been using Illustrator for so long that I find it much easier to use. I'm sure there are Ink users who think Ink is much easier to use.
Todd
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

auntdooz wrote:I still really want to learn how to do this. Are their any tutorials out there? I went to the link you mentioned, but I don't have illustrator. I am still new to ink so I need EASY directions.
I just added an Inkscape tutorial on this to my blog. http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... -inkscape/
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

HeatherM,
Thanks for the tutorial on your blog. I printed the directions off and have been using them. I am still unable to do this :twisted:

Steps taken:opened the file zebra
converted to path
typed letter T converted to path
sat T on top of zebra

Here is where I run into problems. I have tried to select the pattern and letter but am unable to do it. I have tried using rubber band. How do I select 2 things at a time.

I am getting messages at bottom of screen :No objects to convert to path. Select at least 2 paths to perform boolean operation.

I hope you don't mind me continuing to ask for help! ;)

I did attach the file if you don't mind taking a look at it. TIA
Attachments
Tzebra.svg
(39.48 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

The zebra stripes are grouped twice. Right click and ungroup until "Group" is gone. Then you should be able to do the Path operations. Ink usually won't let you do Path operations when any of the objects are grouped. This was the hardest thing for me to figure out when I started using Ink. :D
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

HELP!!!!!! I have gone back and ungrouped the zebra stripes and I STILL can't get it to work. I am about ready to scream. I have looked on line do they make a user manual for inkscape. I even went to the ink forum for help! no such luck Any suggestions?
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Did you Path/Combine (control K) the zebra stripes first? The Path operations like exclusion, difference, and divide require exactly two Paths.
Maximize the Inkscape window so that you can see the message bar at the bottom of the Ink window. It will usually tell you why things don't work.

There is an online Inkscape manual that is pretty decent. http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.php
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

I am so MAD! I can't make it work. I have gone back and did path/combine. I hate to say that inkscape may be the winner. I don't guess my kids need their names on my door. If I have a nervous breakdown over this it won't do much good I won't be in my classroom, I will be in a padded cell somewhere!
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

When you say you can't make it work, what is happening, and what did you do up to that point?
auntdooz

Post by auntdooz »

Heather

I was unsure if my pm replied. I don't mind im'n if we can. I can wait till convienient for you