Silhouette store fonts: Or how to match silmiar

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
MeuCow

Silhouette store fonts: Or how to match silmiar

Post by MeuCow »

I'm a new Cameo user and yesterday purchased two fonts (LD Painters Hand and LD Survivor). Is there anyway to use these with SCAL? OR how can I find simliar fonts? Both of these have a bit of a 'grunge' element which I'm needing for my project. BUT since they are grunge-like...they have some odd edging. Since both of these are available with Silhouette Studio - I know that they are good fonts to use with the Cameo so I'd like to find ones that are similiar. So can I use them somehow with SCAL or how can I find fonts that are VERY similiar (so I know even with the rough edge they will work well with my Cameo)? Thank you sooo very much for your time.
talanhart

Re: Silhouette store fonts: Or how to match silmiar

Post by talanhart »

Once you install the fonts on your computer, they should show up in your font list in SCAL. SCAL uses whatever fonts you have on your computer.
Todd
MeuCow

Post by MeuCow »

Todd - thanks but I'm still unclear how to do that. I purchased the fonts online at the silhouette store. Then opened Silouette Studio to 'download pending orders'. They are showing up in the Silhouette studio but I'm unclear how to 'get them to my fonts in my computer'. Appreciate any guidance here. Thanks!
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Do you have the option of right clicking on the fonts and then installing?
Todd
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

And are you using Mac or PC.
Sandy in PA
MeuCow

Post by MeuCow »

I want to thank everyone for responses...I learned that I had to restart my computer (PC) before the newly purchased fonts installed on my computer. thank you - have a great day all!