single line fonts

Share your favorite fonts to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
prussc

single line fonts

Post by prussc »

There are some new thin line fonts on lettering delights that are marked for MTC only. When I asked the company they said they might be useable with SCAL and to check withCraftedge to see if they work, as we are not certain that all SCAL users will be able to use the .OPF format. So Does anyone know if that format works with macs and with SCAL? Thanks. Chris
gj1

Re: single line fonts

Post by gj1 »

Never heard of that file extention working with scal, and MTC files don't work with scal, as far as I know.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
prussc

Post by prussc »

Thanks, that was what I was guessing. Oh well...
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

That format is not compatible with anything but MTC now, but its not proprietary or anything so hopefully Todd will add that feature to SCAL soon. In the meantime, the LD thin fonts come with a TTF version that works pretty well for pens and markers.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2011 ... pen-fonts/

Kay has a variety and are free. Her site is very informative as well.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
bestcee

Post by bestcee »

Thanks so much for the link! I'm been bummed about the Lettering Delights thin fonts.
I cut with the Sizzix Eclips and Ecal.
Henweigh

Post by Henweigh »

I wrote to Lettering Delights about a week ago with the exact same question. They are coming out with so many great thin fonts! I ordered the Chomas Creations pen holder for just this purpose.
I was told, too, that they will not be updating the formats of their thin fonts and that I should contact SCAL to see if .opf files will work with their software. Sadly, I'm seeing that they don't.
Thank Heavens for Kay at Cleversomeday for being proactive and willing to share her talent and knowledge with us!