GARDEN SIGN AND QUESTION

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
AnointedHands

Re: GARDEN SIGN AND QUESTION

Post by AnointedHands »

Thanks for the file. From my experience, I keep the two formats separate because they operate differently. I don't have the program you are using so I can't really comment too much but IMHO, I would keep working with Inkscape (it may not be the best, but it definitely is the cheapest). And they all will have you doing the same thing. It is not a hard program once you get the hang of it.

I also have clipart that has wmf and jpg files and I use the jpg and convert. The wmf files have nodes that are tooooo closely spaced for me. I just trace the jpg file (lot less nodes) and edit it.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

I opened Inkscape and this is how I found out about already broken wmf vector files. I File open instead of import then select Path combine so I can see all of design, comes up all black from there you can select backgroung break apart and then pull it apart, each piece after that to group. If the wmf victor graphics is colored you wont have to go through the combine then break apart steps, just pull them apart. My images were line drawings. Very clear and clean images. Most of you might already know this proceeder but I was wondering if there was a software that would easily change it to wmf vector files and miss the clean up of broken lines and adding nodes. Guess I'm getting lazy in my old age. :)
Grammy
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello:
I'm so sorry your having trouble. Did they all open up in scal?

Grammy :)
Julie.Jenkins

Post by Julie.Jenkins »

Have you heard of "font creator" I just bought it. you can turn jpegs and bitmaps into TTF's. ometimes I put it into paint or paintshop to get it bigger and then just copy and paste it into the font square. This way I can ahve multiple images together instead of opening individual ones that are SVG's. I'm really excited about it. Sold some carts on ebay to buy it. it's made by High Logic. Really easy to use. I did have a tutorial I found on the web but it's gone :cry: I don't know if this would help your problem or not but thought I'd share. If you can converts your pics to jpegs or bitmaps this might be the way to go.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello Julie:
Haven't heard of that program but wanted to ask a question. When I was doing research on wmf vectors, one author stated that ttf's were no more then vectors. Don't know if that is true or not but wondered if you can save as a wmf in your software :?:
Grammy
karriel

Post by karriel »

I wanted to add my two cents as to what I do to cut "anything" I want. Cropper is a free software that allows you to capture any portion or all of your screen. Find an image you want to cut (anything as long as it appears on your monitor), then with Cropper you can adjust the "capture" to only be the size of what you are coping, Set the output to jpg, open the file in inkscape and trace it! That is it! You can cut anything that way. Cropper was also nice for me to create a document of all my fonts. I "captured" what the font looked like from the site before I downloaded it, set the output of Cropper to the clipboard, pasted the image in my word document and typed the name of the font just above that. That way I can very quickly scan my document to see what font I want to use!! (guess that was more than two cents)