Importing Problem

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
Dawdles

Importing Problem

Post by Dawdles »

Okay. Just joined this forum. Wasn't aware there was one until I started using my cricut machine with sure cuts a lot & inkscape. I followed what instructions I had to create a welded word. I then saved as an SVG file as told. When I go into the Sure Cuts a lot program & import I get nothing. I have tried everything but cannot get it to import. Any hints, clues to outright instructions as to what I am doing wrong? It would be creately appreciated.
jancy

Re: Importing Problem

Post by jancy »

make sure that you're not skipping the path: object to path step. that is usually what results in what you're getting.

also, I believe you can weld a title in SCAL & no need to do it in inkscape first.
Steph Stimson

Post by Steph Stimson »

Yes, SCAL has the ability weld now...no need to do it in Inkscape any longer. I think most are using Inkscape for converting files to .svg files now only.
Stephanie Stimson
Creative Memories Consultant
CMID #33596439

redhdgirl417@charter.net
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/stephaniestimson
actvmom

Post by actvmom »

Also, make sure you trace it. My DH was forgetting that step when he created something for me to cut. He worked on it for about 2 hours when he realized he had forgotten to trace it.
Dawdles

Post by Dawdles »

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Sorry to take so long to get back to everyone but I shut down before I actally threw the machine thru the wall. Finally figured out I had to trace before I could do it. Talk about a "duh" moment. Now I seem to be having another problem. I figured out that I had to trace and I got quite a few words cut. I came back do to another word just the other day but for some reason it won't let me trace all of the letters in the word like before. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong this time. Can anyone help again.
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

I had touble with Inkscape and words. I really recommend doing them in SCAL and choosing the weld option.
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

You do not need to weld in Inkscape anymore. SCAL has it's own welding capability and it is super easy to use.