desperate need of help!!! Please

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
mommylala1

desperate need of help!!! Please

Post by mommylala1 »

I have been trying to trace this into scal to cut for a cup for my cousin.. I cant get it right...and dont know how to use inkscape.. can someone please help me!! I need the three colors, burgundy, black and white.. hellllppp please
Attachments
t yes.JPG
t yes.JPG (12.31 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
mommyshome

Re: desperate need of help!!! Please

Post by mommyshome »

Hi. I don't like to read and run but I'm sorry that I can't be much help. I don't want to just do this file for a couple of reasons. One being copyright issues, another being that this image isn't very clear and it doesn't trace well in neither SCAL nor Inkscape. If you look closely you can see that the edges are kinda fuzzy. A better image would make it easier for you.

If you find a better image I really think SCAL would trace it. In Inkscape, I can tell you how I was able to trace it and separate the layers. I wasn't impressed with how it looked though.

To trace on Inkscape...

Open Inkscape

File, Import, Click on your image, Open, mine has embed marked, I clicked OK, image is up on Inkscape.

Click on your cursor/arrow icon on the left, click on the lock on the top, pull the little arrow on the bottom/right of your image to make it bigger.

With your image still selected with arrows around it, click Path at the top, then Object to Path.

With it still selected, click Path at the top, then Trace Bitmap.

The little box shows the Mode tab selected, mine says Threshold .450, Threshold .650, Colors 3, Colors is selected, Scans 8, Smooth Selected, Stack Scans selected, Remove background selected, click Update, Click OK

X out that box, you won't need it anymore.

Now your new traced image will be directly on top of your original one. Click it and move it to the side, just move your original out of the way until you are finished, you probably won't need it again.

Click Object at the top, then Ungroup.

Click off to unselect it. Now when you click on them you should be able to move one layer/color at a time. Separate all of your layers, there should be 7 (8 counting the background).

At this point, if the lines were more clear you would be able to just choose the important ones and put them back together.

I don't understand what all of this stuff means, it's just how I do it, I'm sure that someone else could do a better job.

If I were doing it, I would use another option on Inkscape, that's to actually trace the image itself just how I want it to look. I would take me a couple of hours to do that. There are video tutorials on YouTube on how to do this. I must say, it's a skill worth learning, I've used it a lot.

Best of luck.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
mommylala1

Post by mommylala1 »

this is for a middle school... the football coach has asked me to make them for the team.. but I cant get it.. can anyone pppllleaaasee help me!! ??
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have spent over an hour trying to do this for you. The two big issues are the word Football and words do not trace well and I do not have a good font to reproduce for it, and the spear intersecting the words, not to mentioned the black shading. I did google your team, the braves, and there are a couple of other up images that might work better if those would do.

If you would/ could use a different one I think I could do something.

Sorry
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mommylala1

Post by mommylala1 »

thank you so much for trying. She found just a T and that will just have to do.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I feel like I'm a little late on this, but here is my "attempt." This trace turned out to be a beast of a challenge. To be honest, I think I have too many pieces to be easy to use on a cup. Also, somewhere along the way, my alignment of the arrow is a little off. the gray image was for reference. If you can use it, great. If not, I totally understand. Please feel free to modify the file any way you want.
tyes_rs.jpg
tyes_rs.jpg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
Attachments
tyes_rs.svg
(125.69 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
papasue

Post by papasue »

Pasdta, looking good. I worked on it this am and got it almost there before I had to leave.

Yeah Team SCAL!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

This was sure a challenge; wasn't it? I worked on it last night and had to stop because my vision actually got blurry! :shock: I can be a little obsessive at times. Too bad the design isn't a little bit cleaner.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
mommylala1

Post by mommylala1 »

I was actually giving up.. I told the coach I couldnt do it.. even the gurus cant get it to cut right. So he found me a cleaner image and sent it to me this morning... but I was so frustrated I have not even tried to do it yet. THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH FOR HELPING AND IT IS GREATLY APPRICIATED!! pastda3 and papasue... you two are amazing!!