Need help for making a line to be a score line - Resolved

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
Lynncat

Need help for making a line to be a score line - Resolved

Post by Lynncat »

I'm attempting to make a template for a small item. I need a line in two places to serve as scoring lines. I don't seem to be able to just draw out a straight line and using a retangle gives me what appears to be double score lines. Help please?

Thanks Lynn
Using Ecal software on my Eclips
gj1

Re: Need help for making a line to be a score line

Post by gj1 »

Use the pen tool...4th down on the TOOLS panel. Click on it, then go to where you want the line to start...click...take finger off of mouse and move to where you want to end and click, then hit enter...then select the arrow cursor again, and it will put a box around the line...go to Appearance and change the Line Style with the drop down to one of the dash lines.

Hope this helps.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, in eCAL you do as Gj says to draw the line. Then select the line and designate it as "score" in the APPEARANCE panel in CUT LINE Type drop down menu

There is another post with lots of q's n a's about score. See it here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26445. I think this picture from that post will help.

download/file.php?id=22473

SVGcuts has a video teaching score for fold lines it will show you the appearance menu and the cut line style if you'd like to see it. Be patient as there is a big commercial for one of the svg kits before Leo gets to actuall working with ecal ;) ..

It is the second video down the post. http://svgcuts.com/blog/sizzix-eclipse-review/
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
angel

Post by angel »

I know what you are talking about, i cant get the score line straight either with the pen tool, I to used the rectangle and make as skinny as possible, then go to the draw tool and make the score line, then go to your layers palette and delete the rectangle, this helps me get the score line straight, it would be nice if craft edge would give a score line in the shapes library, hope this helps you.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I use the grid lines on the virtual mat and am able to get a straight line that I can move into place using the "nudge" arrows.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
angel

Post by angel »

To make a straight score line, place your first node where you want it to start, now hold down your shift key and move to the next point where you want it to end, place your node and then hit enter.

I just figured this out after watching a tutorial for another cutting program and tried in ecal/scal and it worked!!! Thank goodness!!!! NO MORE CROOKED SCORELINES!!! HIP HIP HURRHAY!!!!

Note to moderators: Could you please put resolved in the subject end line, so everyone knows there is an answer.

thanks!!