Any free patterns for paper piecing images?

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
Mominct

Any free patterns for paper piecing images?

Post by Mominct »

I am looking for animals that cut in pieces. like the head, body, arms seperate so that I can shade/ink and assemble them in layers. Anyone know of files/sites like that?
Lots of cute, paper piecing files on my blog - all free!
http://papercreativity.blogspot.com/

Love my original SCAL =)
NurseMel

Re: Any free patterns for paper piecing images?

Post by NurseMel »

I tend to use colouring in pictures and edit them in a photo editing program, then convert them via Inkscape. I then cut them and layer them like paper piecing. HTH
Mel
Mominct

Post by Mominct »

How do I convert them? I have alot I'd love to use but they arent in "pieces"
Lots of cute, paper piecing files on my blog - all free!
http://papercreativity.blogspot.com/

Love my original SCAL =)
Martini

Post by Martini »

When you open inkscape you need to import the image or clipart. To do this you go to File - Import. Then you need to go to Path on the top and Trace Bitmap. When it brings it up you need to select edge detection and just mess around with the numbers on the right side. I normally use the up arrows all the way to 1.00 on the 1st two. Then you hit the update tab. You can mess around with numbers until you like what you see. You will learn what you like. Then you click ok. Then you have to click the X to close the box. Now you can go to View- Display Mode- Outline. I use this alot. This shows how it will cut is SCAL. You can make sure the whole page is selected and go to Path- Break Apart (remember if you aren't viewing it in outline you might see black objects instead of outlines) This is where I just think of is as I can choose what I want to grab and run with now! So just grab and move. I found out the hard way but when you want to say seperate a nose from a face and the ears etc. Make a master that has it all on then as you are seperating it just click on the white paper (new document) and copy and paste to it one at a time. Then save as bears nose, bears ears, bears head etc... Then you don't run into other issues. Oh one more thing as you are seperating things remember that you need to create a small circle preferably close to the object and keep it the same size on all the pages you create ie. nose, ears, head... You can do this by after pasting the ears so to say on the new page, then click on the circle icon on the left hand side of the screen and manually draw a circle it doesn't have to be perfect. You are going to manually change its shape anyways. Then hit the enter key. Then choose the black arrow icon. Then at the top of the page you should see a x and a y coordinates. Next to those you will see a W: ??? and a H:??? This is where you are going to manually change the shape of the circle. I happen to like my W:25 and H:30 on all my circles I do but you can choose your preference. Then this way when you import them into SCAL and resize them manually then you can line the circles on top of each other and make sure they are the same size then you know that you ears will be okay with you nose etc... Ohhhh one more thing I forgot. After you put the circle next to the object then you need to start at the bottom of the page and with your mouse select all the objects together and then go to Path- Combine. If you forget this then your circle will look wierd in SCAL. Trust me I learned the hard way. Anyways I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more. I have just learned by playing around and reading. I really hope it helps you. If you want to see my palm trees and monkeys I did let me know and I can either email them or post them on here.

Sabrina