found a way to view SVG file thumbnails

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
dafuzball

Re: found a way to view SVG file thumbnails

Post by dafuzball »

anyone still have a copy of the renesis executable file around? it was seemingly freeware, and now i cant find it anywhere. email me at eld_80@yahoo.com
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Yup, didn't work for me either. Have windows xp, and also do not see 'all items'. Oh well. I'll try a few more options.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Windows 7 does not have a codec to generate thumbnails for SVG, I think there may be a free one out there for win7 32 bit but there is nothing freeware for win7 64 bit that I am aware of.

The most noteworthy solution is mystic thumbs, it is not free but not hugely expensive ($25) and it will generate thumbnails and windows previews of hundreds of different image formats.

http://mysticcoder.net/mysticthumbs.html

If you want the renesis you can obtain it here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?1y0wt3gnjax
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
mrb4fun

Post by mrb4fun »

I installed Renesis Player-WinExplorer in my mom's XP and I could view SVG files so I am not sure why it would not work.
For me when I get a new SVG I seem to have to open SCAL and go to import a svg file then when the folder comes up full of SVGs I select view large thumbnails and they all show up. After that they always show up when I look in that folder even when I am not in SCAL.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

mrb4fun wrote:I installed Renesis Player-WinExplorer in my mom's XP and I could view SVG files so I am not sure why it would not work.
For me when I get a new SVG I seem to have to open SCAL and go to import a svg file then when the folder comes up full of SVGs I select view large thumbnails and they all show up. After that they always show up when I look in that folder even when I am not in SCAL.
You could try hitting F5 a couple of times to see if that refreshes the thumbnail cache, worth a shot anyway ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
hairco

Post by hairco »

I have a xp that i use & it want do it for me either.