found a way to view SVG file thumbnails

Share your SVG files for importing into Sure Cuts A Lot
mrb4fun

found a way to view SVG file thumbnails

Post by mrb4fun »

Ok so I hope this is an okay place to post this. I have seen people ask how to view all their svg files and I accidently found a way LOL
I right clicked on the folder that had some SVG files. Then I went down to the bottom of the list and selected properties. A screen came up with tabs and I went to the end one Customize. Where it says use this folder as I selected All items and also clicked the box below to include any subfolders I may have or will add later. Then I clicked apply Then OK.
I closed the folder and then when I went back to open it again look what I saw!!!!
Attachments
screen grab 3.jpg
screen grab 3.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 9254 times
gj1

Re: found a way to view SVG file thumbnails

Post by gj1 »

WOWZERS...I am blown away...gotta go try this...will let you know if I get it to work tooo. AWESOME!!!

Shoot...I don't have 'All Items'...mine says 'General Items' in Win764bit. I can't get pictures to come up. Bummer.
mrb4fun

Post by mrb4fun »

I know nothing about Win 7 but I went to microsoft site and found this: http://www.windows7home.net/windows-7-c ... r-options/
If you are using Windows 7, the Customize tab wont appear in the properties if you accessed the folder through the Library. For it to appear, the folder needs to accessed through your actual User folder
You can access througth:
Computer>
Hard Driver (ej. T105xxxx)>
Users>
Owner(or your user name)>
etc…
until find your folder and then…
right click…Select Properties…
and then You can see the Customize Tab

If it still does not work I can send you an application that is on my vista (Renesis Player-WinExplorer) that is only 642kb you just run it then restart your computer and then do the above. Not sure if it will work but you could try it.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I will look into all that you mention above...thanks...I am trying to do it with the snipping tool...it is pretty easy to just create a picture of the file...I just made a video to show how. Before I go further with it though I will see what you say here. Thanks.

Oh, I don't have a problem getting to Properties and Customize...there is just not an "All Items"...mine says General, Documents, Pictures, etc...but not an All Items.
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

It worked for me!!! Thanks! Love it!
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
maureen59

Post by maureen59 »

Thank You, I use Irfanview, but this looks easy enough to try.

Maureen
Maureen
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

maureen59 wrote:Thank You, I use Irfanview, but this looks easy enough to try.

Maureen
this is what i use too. Irfanview.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
ncborn

Post by ncborn »

It would not work for me as I have all my SVG's saved on a Passport plug in, I can't think of what it is called right now but it is only 3:30 AM. I guess I could put them back on my c drive but I really don't want them there taking up memory plus I want to keep them safe. Oh well I use Irfanview too so that works for me. Great for others though that do not use other software already. Thanks for all those that can use.
NCBORN
Brenda E
My Blog http://creativefunconnection.blogspot.com/

Have Canon PS A2200, Windows 7, PSE 10, Cricut Expression, SCAL 2.043, Corel Draw 11, Inkscape 0.48.2, Serif Digital Scrap Artist 2
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Good heavens, when I did this it said I have 24,000 svg files. Can this be right? Anyway,it didn't work for me
CMA

Post by CMA »

This would be great but didn't work for me. I have windows xp and ALL Items is not there.