tip for making home skittles

General discussion about scrapbooking
lesliefolks

tip for making home skittles

Post by lesliefolks »

Ok a while back I was trying to make my own skittles from craftyvegan on here..and mine were no where near a circle plus looked like lopsided icecream on top of a cone!! But they are so expensive if you want very many colors.. I decided I was some how going to make it work! Sooo... I heated up my glue gun and put these awful blobs on my craft sheet....and hit them with my heat tool (embossing)!!! It made them into little beautiful circles!! Hope that helps somebody!!
pastda3

Re: tip for making home skittles

Post by pastda3 »

Thanks for the tip. Did you color them? If so, how did you do it?
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
cydnew

Post by cydnew »

You can color them by putting them in a plastic bag with a few drops of alcohol ink and squishing them around until they are coated.
You can also find premade skittles in a large bag in the floral section of some stores. It is $12.00 for a 4x8 bagfull here - much less than those sold for scrapbooking. Then you color them as I mentioned above.
Some people use sharpie markers to color them if they only need a few of a certain color.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Michaels and Joanns sell these in the wedding section. I just found them a couple of weeks ago. A big bag for about $6.00
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you search youtube there is a video of someone making their own.. I found that video in the summer and I do believe she used glue gun sticks ...