HELP HELP HELP!!

General discussion about scrapbooking
silverwings

HELP HELP HELP!!

Post by silverwings »

I am so frustrated I'm about to pack this machine up and stick it in the basement. I've spent all my time watching videos reading forums and trying to figure out how to do this and NOTHING WORKS.

OK, now that I've vented......I open inkscape, import my svg file. Ok I want to use this file 4 times to make a frame. I do everything I need to do get it all put together, save it Everything looks good. I open SCAL import my file......I'm back to the beginning. OK so I decide I'll just do it in SCAL make 4 copies, manuver them around to where I want them, click weld to stick them together, click preview.....back to square one. OK after hours of trying to get this together, I mean all I want is one lousy little frame, I decide I'll just cut four of them the same size and glue them together. press cut.......it says it's checking mat....cutting,.....cutting complete....nothing happens. OK so I shut every thing down, start over again. Same thing. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!! help me please somebody. I have this machine and I see all the neat things you can do with it and I can't make anything work.

Using SCAL 1 and XP

Susan
Susan
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!

Post by HeatherM »

silverwings wrote:I open inkscape, import my svg file.
Inkscape Groups imported vectors, and SCAL1 does not like Group. Did your file look distorted or have misplaced objects when you imported it into SCAL? If it did, it was because of Group with SCAL1. Try opening the svg in Inkscape. If you do import it, make sure that you use Object/Ungroup until there are no more groups. Use Control A and the message bar at the bottom of the Inkscape window to know what you are working with and to make sure that Group is not listed.
silverwings wrote:so I decide I'll just do it in SCAL make 4 copies, manuver them around to where I want them, click weld to stick them together, click preview.....back to square one.
If you are trying to cut frames directly in SCAL, do not use the weld. When you use weld, anything that is inside another object will not cut. Also, if you use weld on only one object in SCAL it will not cut. HTH
silverwings

Re: HELP HELP HELP!!

Post by silverwings »

thanks for the quick reply. Actually my file was pretty clean, I think I've just a a LOT to learn.
Susan