What do I need to buy to ink around edges?

General discussion about scrapbooking
sfandm

What do I need to buy to ink around edges?

Post by sfandm »

I have seen this done but don't know what it is called, I need to know what to buy to do this very thing. I love the look of the finished product.

Thanks,

Sonya
scraphappysue

Re: What do I need to buy to ink around edges?

Post by scraphappysue »

I use the small cat's eye chalk pads...by Color Box...they are just like ink pads only they are chalk. Hope this helps.
Suzy
Mominct

Post by Mominct »

I love the chalk inks. Colorbox is okay.. but the pads wear off quick. I LOVE versamagic chalk inks. They sell them at joanns, I own every one of them!
Lots of cute, paper piecing files on my blog - all free!
http://papercreativity.blogspot.com/

Love my original SCAL =)
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Inkadinkadoo blending chalks.. You can purchase them and Michaels.. I got it pretty cheap using my 50 percent off coupon :D
Caykey

Post by Caykey »

I love Tim Holz Distress Ink by Ranger. My favorite is Tea Ink. Not too dark, not too light. You can pick them up at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Walnut is great if you want really dark and Old Linen is pretty light--almost like a watermark. I just run the edge of my paper right accross the stamp couldn't be easier.
janmowvmom

Post by janmowvmom »

I use make up sponges and the ink pads. I am a budgeted paper crafter. My DD and I both do it and it get exspensive with 2 addictions to maintain.LOL Just don't press down too hard or you will get a heavy spot of ink. :lol:
nanastoys

Post by nanastoys »

I love the chocolate ink the Close To My Heart has! I use it all the time with a sponge. It's my favorite. Lasts a long time too!

Kim
kim@myctmh.com
www.kim.myctmh.com
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

I use a foam sponge that I stuffed into a plastic cap that goes on a chair leg. I bought some uncovered foam cushions at Walmart pretty cheap and the leg caps at Lowe's very cheap. So I have enough foam to last for many years. I find sponging the edges of your card/paper makes for a more muted/grungy look. I just dab into my ink pad and sponge away.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Check out the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas on his blog at Tim Holtz.com. He has a special tool that he uses and a line of Ranger ink pads that are nice for that sort of thing. Any stamp pad will do though so if you find one you like just use it. I would recommend that you not buy cheap off brands and be sure not to buy embossing pads, they do not dry by themselves and you will have a smeary mess.
Jan
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

janmowvmom wrote:I use make up sponges and the ink pads. I am a budgeted paper crafter. My DD and I both do it and it get exspensive with 2 addictions to maintain.LOL Just don't press down too hard or you will get a heavy spot of ink. :lol:
I use make up sponges too. They work great. Tim Holtz distress inks are wonderful too.