adhesive paper???

General discussion about scrapbooking
balletcostumemom

adhesive paper???

Post by balletcostumemom »

Is there a stick on product that you can stick paper to before you put it in the cutter so that it makes the paper become like a sticker? And would regular gift wrap work with transfer paper? Just wondering if there is a way to use some of the Holiday gift wraps with the cutter to make stick on lettering for ornaments or serving trays, etc.
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47
MadGrammy

Re: adhesive paper???

Post by MadGrammy »

You can always use the Xyron sticker maker after you cut your pieces out. That's what I usually do.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

How well does everybody like the Xyrons? I was thinking about getting one with one of my 50% off coupons.
Todd
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

I have four of them and love all. I couldn't afford them though if it weren't for the 40percent off coupon. I can't wait til the new 12 inch one makes it to the market. It does more then glue's. Imbosses and cut's as well
Grammy
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Why four? Do they come in different sizes. I have only seen the one at Joaans.
Todd
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

I have the 9, 5, 2 1/2 as well as the two cheatahs. Oh yes I have the X. (guess that makes six stid of 4 LOL) Now looking to buy the new 12 inch one. Grammy
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

I have the little X one... and I LOVE it!
MadGrammy

Post by MadGrammy »

I have the X, the 2 1/2, and the 5 inch. I love them all ! They are very handy when it comes to adding adhesive to small, intricate items that you've cut with the cricut !
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

I have problems with the sticky hanging onto the edges of the images when I run them thru the Xyron and peel them off. I use heat and bond a lot. Iron it onto my paper, run it thru the Cricut and iron it onto my card. I just make cards and not scrap book pages. Doesn't the Xyron also have refills with laminate, permanent and temporary sticky?
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Yes the xyron has single sided and double sided laminate as well as magnet that you can use with your Cricut. Ive had my 9 inch xyron for at least 10 years and found after putting the cutout through the xyron that if you rub the edges of the project before taking the clear film off of your design it will do away with a lot of the spider web glue that has a tendency to collect on the edges. The only adhesive I love more then my xyron is my ATG. :)