SVG viewer program?

General discussion about scrapbooking
nik_9011

SVG viewer program?

Post by nik_9011 »

I am looking for a program that I can open my svg's in and view and print them...was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I'm making a catalog of SVG's I have done and wanted an easy way to open and just print them on card stock to display. TIA!
nik_9011

Re: SVG viewer program?

Post by nik_9011 »

btt
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you are printing them full page, just print them right from Inkscape. You could also save them as png files that you could print as contact sheets if you have a photo database program like Thumbs Plus. I'm sure there are other ways to do this too. HTH
nik_9011

Post by nik_9011 »

how do I get the square box out of inkscape so that doesnt print? And is there a way in inkscape to size it to 8 1/2 x 11" so that I can lay out what I want to print and know they will all be included? Sorry so many questions!
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I think the square box is the page border and it doesn't print. You can change your document size in the File/Document properties menu and then resize your images to fit inside that. You should be able to just select "fit to page" in the print dialog box, but for some reason that didn't work for me.
nik_9011

Post by nik_9011 »

Thanks Heather...As soon as I can get my printer to cooperate I will try that out!
Rebecca McConnell

Post by Rebecca McConnell »

HeatherM wrote:If you are printing them full page, just print them right from Inkscape. You could also save them as png files that you could print as contact sheets if you have a photo database program like Thumbs Plus. I'm sure there are other ways to do this too. HTH
Heather, what program will view as svgs and then save as pngs? I tried in my PSE and it didn't read the svg. Thanks, Rebecca
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Photoshop won't open svg's. I'm not sure about Elements, but CS3 will show previews of svg files.
Inkscape will make png files if you use export bitmap. I did a tut on this. http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... =17&t=5402
Rebecca McConnell

Post by Rebecca McConnell »

HeatherM wrote:Photoshop won't open svg's. I'm not sure about Elements, but CS3 will show previews of svg files.
Inkscape will make png files if you use export bitmap. I did a tut on this. http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... =17&t=5402
Heather,Thanks for the info. :D Rebecca