Geting to know you....

General discussion about scrapbooking
talanhart

Re: Geting to know you....

Post by talanhart »

Welcome to the board! I am not a cardmaker or a scrapbooker, but I sure love my Cricut for cutting out Vinyl. I'm sure you will find some good uses for your machine.
Todd
missiethegal
Location: Iowa...XP, SCAL 1 & 2, Inkscape, bit of Illustrator

Post by missiethegal »

talanhart wrote:Welcome to the board! I am not a cardmaker or a scrapbooker, but I sure love my Cricut for cutting out Vinyl. I'm sure you will find some good uses for your machine.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Nice to know there are others on here with similar non-scrapbook cricut-interests ;)
I can't wait to try vinyl, although honestly, I'm intimidated by it... I think I need to mess up on paper enough times before I go for the fancy stuff :lol:
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Actually, vinyl is pretty easy to cut. I went to a sign store and asked for some of their scraps, so it didn't cost me a thing to start. I use a cutter depth of 2 and a pressure of 3 to cut my vinyl. I hope this gets you started.
Todd
KimKreates

Post by KimKreates »

Hi, I am Kim from Kansas City, Missouri. Formerly from Gilbert, Arizona. I got a Create last Christmas and hubby found SCAL. I thought that we would use the machine for my 5th grade daughter's school projects and some basic scrapbooking. Now that I have SCAL and this forum, I have found unlimited things to create. Have to say that before SCAL, I had no idea what a BLOG was and now I am addicted to finding new Blogs with designs. My hubby and daughter just purchased an Expressions for me for Mother's day and I can't wait to get it and start using it. It is fun to see where everyone is from. Thanks to all of you that share your designs and knowledge!! I hope to share some when I master Inkscape and SCAL.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

I'm Soraya. Born in El Salvador and now living in Southern California. I'm also one of the people learning to play with Inkscape! I heard about SCAL in a card making group that focus on dies cuts, punches, and cricut!

Nice meeting all of you,

soraya
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
stampinsavage

Post by stampinsavage »

Hi...my name is Rockin Robin. I live in WI. I just got my SCAL today, and just know I am going to have a heck of a time learning how to use it. I got the "deluxe version" from Memory Lane Inn, along with the fonts, images and dingbats CD. I can't even figure out how to "install" the content from the extra CD into the SCAL program!!! I need all the help that I can get here!!! But, rest assured, I am totally jazzed and can't wait to get started with this new toy!!! Any and all help would be sooo appreciated. Rest assured, I am a fast learner!!! :lol: Hisses, Rockin Robin
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

ScrappingTable.com has some good tutorials on the basics. http://www.scrappingtable.com/understandingfonts.html Look through the "Understanding..." sections on the left.
The Craft Edge website has some good basic tutorials on using shapes and fonts in Inkscape. http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/tutorials.html
Dan99's videos are always a favorite. http://dan99.blogspot.com/2009/01/video ... o-svg.html
Susan Bluerobot has a lot of written tuts. http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a
Firstcut has a master list of videos on her blog. http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009 ... -new-home/
Silvertip
Location: Southern California, SCAL 1/2 Inkscape, Illustrator

Post by Silvertip »

Hi I'm Suzan in Palm Springs, CA , my mom bought a cricut, then bought me one, she told me about SCAL on the message board, and had me buy it in case something went wrong and voided the warranty on hers. (Actually she uses hers at the school library she works at). I have never looked back and never regretted it.
Silvertip
Location: Southern California, SCAL 1/2 Inkscape, Illustrator

Post by Silvertip »

Hi I'm Suzan in Palm Springs, CA , my mom bought a cricut, then bought me one, she told me about SCAL on the message board, and had me buy it in case something went wrong and voided the warranty on hers. (Actually she uses hers at the school library she works at). I have never looked back and never regretted it.
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

Hi! I'm Amy from Mohave Valley, Az and I learned about SCAL from my DH (only reason he bought me the Cricut!).