Cricut Markers

General discussion about scrapbooking
wreed06

Cricut Markers

Post by wreed06 »

I just found out about markers for the Cricut. You replace the blade with the marker pen, then cut on top of it? Is that all there is to it, so it basically just gives you color on the edges? Do they fill in any or draw lines to define shapes or what? Is it hard to align cuts with the marker line since you have to switch the marker and blade? Do you use only one color per object, or can you change colors and draw more? I'm asking a ton of questions, but I really don't know much about them. Seems like they could be fun with all the dingbats we can cut.

Thanks for sharing any information about them!
yocasta

Re: Cricut Markers

Post by yocasta »

The markers act like the blade.... you can't color with them....just outline
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

For dingbats that are detailed I use a micro tipped mini Sharpie with a pencil grip on it. I can't get the detail I need with the Cricut Colors markers b/c they have a thicker tip.
The marker will draw exactly what your blade would cut...so just think of it that way and you'll know your limits. They don't fill in.
I have never switched out the blade and marker so I'm not sure how easy that is.
~Nicole~
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

If you haven't switched out the marker and the blade, do you use the markers just to draw? Then do you cut a square or something around the drawing and put that in your album?
plg1117

Post by plg1117 »

When I use the markers - it's a little bit choppy looking - I have noticed the slower I have it set at seems to be better - any tips for smoother lines? Do some fonts work better than others? I was wondering if a script type font would be smoother - when I was playing around i had the George cart in - and I was using the cricut itself not with SCA or CDS.
Buggy10

Post by Buggy10 »

One tip to remember when using the markers. When you want to cut out what the machine just drew you need to press "load paper" then switch the marker out and the blade in then just push "repeat last". On the marker it tells you what speed and pressure you should be using to get the best results.
scraperfect

Post by scraperfect »

:o Note about using a sharpie--many people find over time, they get a yellow haze. Also, have your markers smeared on vellum?
Have a Magically Perfect Day! www.ScraPerfect.com
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Buggy10 wrote:One tip to remember when using the markers. When you want to cut out what the machine just drew you need to press "load paper" then switch the marker out and the blade in then just push "repeat last". On the marker it tells you what speed and pressure you should be using to get the best results.
I put a little piece of paper under the marker tip when I am removing it so if it drops slightly it won't mark your work, just the little piece of paper.

Raewyn
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Good tip, thx