Use Cricut Artwork in SCAL - NOT A HACK OR TRACE

General discussion about scrapbooking
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Use Cricut Artwork in SCAL - NOT A HACK OR TRACE

Post by HeatherM »

I put a tutorial about using PDF's and Inkscape on my blog here. There is a much easier way to use PDF files without ungrouping everything.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

If the nodes tool will click on just one object on your pdf you can highlite the nodes by drawing a box around it and copy and paste in a newly opened doc. This is in the svg format. The thing about leaving it as a pdf that the images, or at least the ones of the Cricut carts are pure and there is no tweeking. The Disney carts are the best pdfs out there and if you use the Sample sheets you have a complete page of svgs that just needs to be pulled apart by color.
craftydiva

Post by craftydiva »

Wow, sounds great, I would love to see the way they piece together the Disney images, seems like a bit of a challenge... lol
Hugs
Karen
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

HeatherM wrote:I put a tutorial about using PDF's and Inkscape on my blog here. There is a much easier way to use PDF files without ungrouping everything.

HEATHER?? YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!! Another new learning for me.. :D Thanks so much.. :D
scrappy pumpkin

Post by scrappy pumpkin »

Just want to say thank you to Heather for the tutorial. Seeing it and getting step by step directions are so helpful! Thanks so much!!!

Cathy
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

bumping to top
whitem

Post by whitem »

To all of you out there that are LOVING having all these extra carts without the cost well.....I have found more pdf files. Here is the web site where you can find them. http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.a ... age=1&key=

I haven't tried these out yet with inkscape but they are just PDF files so they should work.

Enjoy everyone!

Sorry Everyone!!!

Disregard this post....sort of. I just went to try one of these out and realized they are not original pdf files thus not good vector images. They are scanned images put into a pdf. I have not tried them all, but they are at least scanned off and you could try treating them like a regular image you trace to convert to a svg. Good Luck and sorry once again. I am new to all this and got excited when I found the books and wanted to share but apparently I jumped the gun LOL.