Rubber Stamps

General discussion about scrapbooking
firstcut

Re: Rubber Stamps

Post by firstcut »

I got the rubber from smallparts.com, but they are now out of stock :(. It was $9 for a 12 x 12 sheet if you want to know for reference. This is jus tlike the plumb pak you can get at Lowe's but I haven't found anyone else that carries it at the 1/32 thickness in small quantities.
I used the deep cut blade and overkilled the settings so I'd hesistate to tell you the best ones since I didn't really back it off and test. Next time I will start at depth 5 pressure high, and speed low with no multicut, if that helps. I also used a new mat and taped the rubber down along the edges for extra security.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Could you give us the part number so we get the right thing? I wonder if you put some acetone on the stamp if it would make it rougher but not too rough.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Here's the part number. I actually got mine through Amazon with free shipping since I have Amazon Prime. SRR70-0031-E. Comes in 12 x 24 too but that is also out of stock. Will try acetone and some other solvents and see if I can find one that works.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Kay,
Great job with the cutting of the rubber. My thicker rubber cut really well also. Your results with the Silicone not transferring the Ink was what I was worried about. I think we need to look for Natural rubber sheets. Nothing is supposed to stick to silicone and that's why the ink is pooling. We have Clear Silicone rubber here at work and I was told by our rubber manufacturer that it will transfer ink, but I haven't tried to see if it will work. I am going to look in to Natural rubber tomorrow.
Todd
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I have a sample of Natural Rubber coming to me. It will be interesting to see how it works.
Todd
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Ive used the rubber here in Australia I used sandpaper to rough up the surface then it was fine also found the real good pigment ink and chalk type stamp pads were best with it!

I use a new mat, new 60 degree blade at 6, speed slow-medium depending on how intricate the cutting is.
Hope thats a help.

Tingha
craftydiva

Post by craftydiva »

definitely sounds interesting......
thanks Christine : )
Hugs
Karen
bluporcelain

Post by bluporcelain »

Oh yes, please tell more..

I am a newbie and I find this quite interesting.

I would also like to know more about where to get the rubber supplies to do this type of stamp making.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

I forgot all about my rubber sample to cut. It's been buried here under some scrap paper here at work for six weeks now. I will take it home with me tonight and see how it cuts.

I tried to cut the rubber this morning without any luck. I really didn't have enough time to play, so I will try again tonight.
Todd