Are there any Aussies?????

General discussion about scrapbooking
scrappinbykris

Re: Are there any Aussies?????

Post by scrappinbykris »

Hello ladies, another Aussie gal here, I'm at Redcliffe, just north of Brisbane. I'm a SAHM of 6 children and 1 hubby, just got a Cricut for Chrissy and bought the SCAL program just before Chrissy so I could be ready to play lol.... Totally lovin it :lol: Cheers Kris
Check out my blog for free svgs ....Enjoy :) Kris

http://scrappinbykris.blogspot.com/
Shezziemac

Post by Shezziemac »

Hi Pat, I'm Sherrill and live near Ballarat in Victoria. A Primary School teacher four days a week. No children but a husband who needs picking up after! Love SCAL and at the moment I'm trying to master Inkscape. Cheers. (I'm also trying to master forums!)

Thank you Tingha, I hope I can be useful. :)
Last edited by Shezziemac on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hi there
Welcome to the forum :D :D
btails

Post by btails »

Can't help it Ladies...I lived in Western Austrailia in the 60s..Anna Plains Station, 150 south of Boome and 120 miles north of Port Headland ..loved it...it was like Texas 100 years earlier....Best People in the world...I have lived in South Texas all my life but the year there..Always said I was going back....Lucky Ladies....Judy wwwjudysark.petfinder.com
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Hi I have only joined yesterday,69 years young,travelling around aussie,in our van.
Hubby & I are going to King Island, for Xmas, now who is jealous,to visit my son, who has a house over there, then we are taking the van & wagon over to Tassie
We hopefully will stay there for @ least 2 months so we can save to come back
Enough of this to make you all jealous,I have the Personal Cutter, but want to spend any money on cartriges,is the scal, the way to go.
Rosie :lol:
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Rosie,
Take a look at the SVG section of this board and you will see all the things you can cut using SCAL,not counting all the fonts that you can imagine. SCAL is the way to go.
Todd
jayem

Post by jayem »

Hi, Jan here from Kempsey on the Mid North Coast of NSW. I am a high school teacher... English... married, and our son and his wife have just presented us with a grandson to go with his wife's two other children. We are truly blessed.

Rosie, you won't need cartridges with SCAL... leaves you more money to spend travelling. I am indeed very envious. We are planning to take our van to Tassie in a couple of years when we retire. How do you take all your craft stuff in your van? I couldn't restrict myself to only a few things.

It seems there are quite a few Aussies here and Kiwis. It is a really good site. One of these days I will learn how to use Inkscape and try my hand at creating rather than simply downloading the clever creations others have made.
Jan
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Most of my crafts are in storage.I sneeked a few things, & put some under the bed, also I have my Jewelly with me as well, so i am not restricted, with i have to do, also there is not much space, to work with.But it is all good.I havent done much since we left Gympie, thats where we were doing for 19 months,caretaking,gardening, irrigating,cutting hay, boys loaded the truck while i drove it to the hay-shed.We are now on the Great Ocean Road, waiting for the sun to shine,it has been raining a lot we are waiting for the annex to dry so we can pack it away :D
Rosie