Cuttlebug with Sizzix Big Shot?

General discussion about scrapbooking
Jennifer

Cuttlebug with Sizzix Big Shot?

Post by Jennifer »

Hi out there,
I just got a cut and embossing set from Cuttlebug and tried it numerous times but the multipurpose mat wont go through my Big Shot? Just the embossing folder of course works but the die cut. I hope i'm explaining this right. I thought the Big shot takes cuttlebug but i kept trying different ways to run it through (cutting folder) and it doesnt go through at all, i'm afraid to break something. My husband ordered it online for a birthday gift so i cant bring it back to the store and exchange it. I'll try to describe the cutting part of it, its silver with the pictures on it of what to cut and on the reverse side, it's white foamy material that i believe is where the paper goes and it says "For Cuttlebug machines, place foam side up". I did that even though i have a big shot, i tried the other way too. Can someone help me, i'm so discouraged. Jennifer
papasue

Re: Cuttlebug with Sizzix Big Shot?

Post by papasue »

Hi, since you are not using SCAL for your project your best place to find an answer in on the Sizzix forum or the Cuttlebug forum where there will be many folk who will most probably have solved this problem

Good luck.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Ok, thanks, i'll try that. Thanks, Jennifer
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

also check to see if big shot have a forum

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If it is a regular Cuttlebug die then I believe you use tab 1 with the base. HTH
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Thanks, I figured it out last night. Thank you everyone for the advice. Jennifer