Flute svg

General discussion about scrapbooking
scrapyQ

Re: Flute svg

Post by scrapyQ »

jennifer what cutter are you using. :)

do you have inkscape you can try opening it in that first and see if you can then save.....

Susan ;)
scrapyQ

Post by scrapyQ »

Ok Jennifer :lol: lets try this one final thing :lol: here is a .png image of all the pieces... just right click on the image in this post save it to your desktop then trace in your scal it should work then all you have to do is break apart you will probably get 3 or 4 outlines I got 4 I always take the top layer they always seem to cut the best..... If you need a tutorial just let me know and I can upload one on my blog for you :D

I hope I'm not being to persistent I would really like this to work for you Scal 1 users, I know you don't want to upgrade because then you can't use the cricuts with the new Scals and I don't blame you.. ;) If I had Scal 1 for my cricut I wouldn't have got my pazzles.

Susan ;)
Attachments
fluteSQpng.png
fluteSQpng.png (21.66 KiB) Viewed 11790 times
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

If I remember correctly, SCAL1 users can't use levels, each "level" needed it's own svg file.

Also SCAL1 does not like Objects to be Grouped in inkscape.

HeatherM is our "expert" on SCAL1
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

OK, because I was bored this morning, and needed to excercise my inkscape skills so I don't become rusty... I hope you don't mind, Scrapy Q, but I tweeked your file that you posted. I made a base layer so you know WHERE all those finger buttons should go! And if you just wanted a simple cut out, that base layer should work too!

These files should work for the OP.
Attachments
fluteSQ_base.svg
(37.7 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
fluteSQ_middle.svg
(52.47 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
fluteSQ_top.svg
(8.61 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Last edited by DogCarbon on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
DogCarbon

Post by DogCarbon »

and because you can only add three files at a time, here are the pictures of the layers.
Attachments
fluteSQ_top.png
fluteSQ_top.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 11786 times
fluteSQ_base.png
fluteSQ_base.png (9.95 KiB) Viewed 11786 times
fluteSQ_middle.png
fluteSQ_middle.png (13.55 KiB) Viewed 11786 times
DogCarbon

Post by DogCarbon »

And for reference, here is what the overall flute should look like
Attachments
fluteSQfourm.png
fluteSQfourm.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 11786 times
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Sure hope she comes back and gets all of this. Talk about teamwork. Anyone interested in a flute in the future better grab these files now. :lol: :lol:
Sandy in PA
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Thank you for breaking it up for me. I wish i could understand inkscape but i need a lot of time to sit there and play around with it, so it's great that all of you out there who help people like me and it's appreciated. I'm going to open the files today and check it out.
Jen
scrapyQ

Post by scrapyQ »

DogCarbon wrote:OK, because I was bored this morning, and needed to excercise my inkscape skills so I don't become rusty... I hope you don't mind, Scrapy Q, but I tweeked your file that you posted. I made a base layer so you know WHERE all those finger buttons should go! And if you just wanted a simple cut out, that base layer should work too!

These files should work for the OP.

Hey DogCarbon, Thanks that's no problem, now I understand what to do with my files for the scal users..... :D

I usually do group the base together with the pieces....don't know why I didn't do that here. :?

Thanks a bunch,

I really hope that Jennifer can now use the flute... :D

Susan ;)
http://scrapyq.blogspot.ca/