blade cutting through designs

General discussion about scrapbooking
Jennifer

blade cutting through designs

Post by Jennifer »

I have the Cricut personal cutter (6x12 small machine), and my blade is cutting a faint or sometimes deep line through my words or designs. I just put a new blade in and made sure the housing for the blade was locked in tight so can anyone tell me why this happens. Thanks for any help you can give me.
gj1

Re: blade cutting through designs

Post by gj1 »

If you recently did a re-install...you could be running on a trial version and need to activate again, maybe. The trial versions cut lines through the images.

http://craftedge.com/activation/activate.html

OR, even though you put in a new blade...there could be teeny tinny paper pieces below the new blade...take it out and use a vacuum on the blade housing, or I have even just put a fine wire or tooth pick in to get the debris out. This could be making your blade not seat completely in the housing.

Or, you have the housing screw in tight, but it is crooked. Make sure it is properly in the groove.

Try another font to see if it happens with all fonts...perhaps it is the one font.

I can't think of anything else it could be.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Thank you so much, i will try all of those things. I'm not sure what you mean by activating but i did however have to reset the cricut because it was not working well for me, i wonder if that has anything to do with it? I had to move the needle carriage to the left and hit the red reset button and now it's ok except for the cutting part. So i'll try to do those things you mentioned and thanks again.
Jennifer
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Well, I guess you can tell if your software is activated in the HELP at the top, under 'About'...it should show your name and serial number if it is activated.

If not, you can go to the link and 'activate' it, with craftedge.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.