embossing

General discussion about scrapbooking
raewyn64

embossing

Post by raewyn64 »

Has anyone found a way of using the embossing plates from Cuttlebug or Sizzix to emboss a card without having a Cuttlebug or Sizzix or anything machine?

I don't have any embossing machine and don't really have any desire to get one but I have seen one of Cuttlebug's embossing plates that I would like to use and wondered if there was a manual way to use them?

Raewyn
Tingha Treasures

Re: embossing

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hi there
Well!! A friend of mine looked at my Cuttlebug and said "gee you could put things through the old wringer"
:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a suggestion <grin>

Im sure someone will have a reply

Cheers
Christine
SCAL2 user a must have program! :-) yippee
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Ha ha that is funny as I went on to Cuttlebug web site and found a bit of a description on using it and when I came home and tried to describe it to my husband that was the image I gave him - was like putting it through an old ringer machine :lol:
Raewyn
Tingha Treasures

well maybe we are showing our age!!! :D
How much are Cuttlebugs in NZ?

Christine
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

The machines are selling for about $130 NZ I think. We also have a web site which is a NZ equivalent of EBay which works really well here and so you can sometimes get machines cheaper there (can also be second hand ones) and also all the cutters and embossing plates etc
Tingha Treasures

Thats quite expensive especially if you have to buy all the embossing folders.
I lived in NZ for 19 years.

Christine
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

I think many people here have the Sizzix machines - Cuttlebug is fairly new here. Fortunately I haven't been bitten by that bug ha ha - just the cricut bug - and more so the SCAL bug which saves me heaps of money. Most of the cricut cartridges sell here for $100 nz from a supplier or a bout $80 on Trademe. I found it cheaper buying them from the States sometimes but SCAL has saved me all of that.
Tingha Treasures

I got the bug first to do postcard jigsaws but now I wanted to do something bigger and make the packaging for them :-)
Waiting for the new housing and cutting blade to be able to do slightly thicker card :-) on the Expression.
rainbow

Post by rainbow »

i use my accucut zipemate die cutter for cuttlebug embossing folders, it was on special in big w ( im from australia for thos who are not familiar with big w)
it was $50 for the die cutter another friend of mine said wow you could probably have bought a pasta machine ( the hand turned ones with the 2 rollers) but i cant say ive looked at one to see if it could work!
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

I have heard of people using a pasta maker to emboss with their cuttlebug folders (think it was on the Cricut website).

Mel