embossing

General discussion about scrapbooking
raewyn64

Re: embossing

Post by raewyn64 »

hmmm that is an idea - the pasta machine.

I have purchased the embossing plate I wanted and it should arrive today so I will play with it and see how it works and if my husband has anything in his workshop that might do the trick.
dmarschall

Post by dmarschall »

Try a rolling pin.
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Thanks for that.
I had a search around the internet yesterday and there were a few posts on using a pasta machine and using a rolling pin.
The embossing table I bought arrived last night so I gave it a quick try with the rolling pin and it worked quite well - I just need to learn to apply pressure better especially in the middle but it certainly works.
Also there are a few second hand pasta machines for sale around here so that is also an option that I might explore more - I want to make my Christmas cards with it and I think using the rolling pin for them all might take a bit of effort :D

Raewyn
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Im glad you seem to be able to find away round it. My DH said to place it under a the car tyre and sowly run over it!!! Guess it would work?

Christine
SCAL2 user a must have program! :-) yippee
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

ha ha I would be scared the tyre might put too much pressure though and squash the embossing plate.
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

I wonder what they did before? Ive done embossing using rubber stamps,embosing powder and heat gun
Its certainly nice to emboss your own cards :D
graysmomma

Post by graysmomma »

I was just going to say pasta machine just like Mel said. I haven't tried it though but I did see one at TJ Maxx the other day for like 10 bucks so it would be a great alternative. Good luck!
rainbow

Post by rainbow »

there is a video on youtube with someone using a car to emboss with those folders, there are some crazy people out there!!! :lol:
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

An update.
I purchased a pasta machine to try my embossing with. It worked quite well but took a bit of trying first to get the right setting on the machine. The worst bit is that sometimes the paper would buckle and crease so I had to get the settings sorted. But it worked fine enough for my chirstmas cards.
Raewyn