Opinions Please - Chipboard - Spray Adhesive - Paper

General discussion about scrapbooking
Busgoddess10

Opinions Please - Chipboard - Spray Adhesive - Paper

Post by Busgoddess10 »

Do you all suppose you could glue scrapbooking paper to lightweight chipboard with spray adhesive and then cut with the cricut? Just curious if anyone has tried this method.
Thanks P
pastda3

Re: Opinions Please - Chipboard - Spray Adhesive - Paper

Post by pastda3 »

I can't say that I've ever tried it, but it sounds like a good idea. I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has tried it. If I have some spare time later, I might give it a try and will report back.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Spray adhesive isn't very permanent// Unless you have a good bonding glue. .I've tried it and it peels right off after it's dried.. I'ved tried the elmer spray adhesive and the lepages..
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I have never tried cutting after spraying and gluing. I am afraid that would eventually gum up your machine. What I do is cut out two of the same thing, one in cardstock and one in scrapbook paper then glue them together. I go to the art department and get a good spray on adhesive and it works like a charm! I haven't tried any of the regular glues turned spray but the better ones do work well and last a long time. Biggest drawback in my opinion is the mess it makes.
Jan
lkc

Post by lkc »

I spray glued wrapping paper and pretty wallpaper scraps to 8 1/2"X11" heavy cardstock when I wanted to cut purses with pretty floral designs and it worked fine...that was a couple of years ago. Some small areas that later loosened I hit with rubber cement.
Busgoddess10

Post by Busgoddess10 »

Thanks for the responses.

I think I must have summer heat brain, of course it is just as easy to cut paper and board then glue
doh doh doh.
lemontree

Post by lemontree »

I've used spray adhesive (the permanent kind) to cereal box cardboard and cut it. It worked fine. As I recall, i let the adhesive dry overnight before cutting.
Check out my SVG collections at http://www.firelite.cc