Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sportyhdmama

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by sportyhdmama »

I thought I had backed up my SCAL2, but something happen to it on the flash drive. Could someone tell me what to do, I purchased SCAL2 and computer crashed, now I can't use my cricut for I don't have SCAL2 and I have all my serial numbers, activation code and order number from when I purchased it...HELP PLEASE!!!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Go to this link and request assistance here.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php
Sandy in PA
cjsteiger

Post by cjsteiger »

Can anyone help me? I'm am getting very frustrated and I need to make some cuts to finish a project I'm doing for a swap. I have SCAL2 and a Cricut expressions my firmware is 2.3X I got an SVG file of the liberty bell and am just trying to cut the bell part and every time I hit cut it goes through all the motions starts to cut a 1/2 inch cut and shuts off turns back on and unloads the paper and turns off SCAL. I am so frustrated!! I love using SCAL but I'm about ready to throw the computer and the cricut!! HELP!!! :o :cry:
Cheryl
flowclee

Post by flowclee »

hi people im a new scal user but i recieving an error. every time im ready to cut it says im not connected.
i updated my firmware, and same problem . HELP. :cry:
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Try shutting everything down (computer and cutter). Then to a brand new restart of computer, then turn on Cricut. This has been an issue in the past and the problem may be as simple as that. Others have had to replace their USB/printer cable from machine to computer. If this doesn't work, check back.
Sandy in PA
flowclee

Post by flowclee »

thanks bud will try these

but will it work with my Expression 2? :|
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

flowclee wrote:thanks bud will try these

but will it work with my Expression 2? :|
No. No third-party software will work with the Expression 2. If you want to use software other than Provo Craft's own Craft Room, then return the Expression 2 and buy a different machine.

The Sizzix eclips is very nice, has cartridges much like the Cricut, and works with a couple of different software products.

- Jasen.
katlion

Post by katlion »

I've been having issues as well, tried running XP SP2 mode but still freezing when trying to cut. Was reluctant to do any further upgrades as I have a cricut.

However, in desperation I have just been to the software page http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php entered my serial number of SCAL2 (they will email to you if you don't have it) and it downloaded the most recent version of SCAL2 (2.044).

Make sure you uninstall the latest version BEFORE you install the new one. The new one once installed automatically runs in XP SP2 compatability mode and is automatically activated if you do this.

I have shut down the software twice and seems to be working fine with the Cricut now. Hopefully when I turn on again tomorrow it will still be all good.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Hope all is good when you open the program again.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
dbwatson86

Post by dbwatson86 »

I lost my SCAL cd, I went to the link. Downloaded put in my S#, now it comes up SCAL 3. It's not compatible with my cricut, now what do I do? Please help me!!!