new cricut expression and SCAL

General discussion about scrapbooking
marciae

new cricut expression and SCAL

Post by marciae »

Hi all, I just got a new cricut expression and SCAL software for Christmas. I have been on the internet daily reading forums. I am so excited about making cards, it is a good past-time for me, as I am disabled and at home on oxygen. I think that is why my kids bought the cricut for me. (i'm a mother of five). I have also been reading a lot about OWH (operation write home). I would have lots of time to make cards for our soldiers serving our country. I wonder if there is a way of finding out if there are people looking at cleaning out their scraprooms, and wanting to get rid of paper and scrapbooking supplies. Making cards if large quantity will take a lot of material, and I really don't have the funds to go buy it, just lots of time. Also if anyone knows where a person can look for good deals, let me know.
gj1

Re: new cricut expression and SCAL

Post by gj1 »

Welcome to the board...you will find it very gratifying...the mission you are undertaking...congrats to you for your efforts.
Hope you will join us here frequent. Happy cutting:)
marciae

Post by marciae »

A cold day and a good time to dig out my scrap paper. I was able to make some cards to set aside for a box I would like to fill for OWH, operation write home. When I want to make cards that are geared for kids, I can send them to a ladie that is looking for cards for Royal Family Kids Camp www.rfkc.com. This is a camp for battered, abused, or neglected children. I think it would be enjoyable to make cards for them, kids love all sorts of different type cards.
Happy scrappin everyone.
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

I'm not sure where you are located but several times a year Jo-Ann's has cardstock on sale 6 for $.96 or somewhere around that price. It includes some of the heavier cardstock, glitter cardstock and patterned papers. Keep an eye out for coupons cuz that could help you purchase adhesive and embellishments. You might put an ad out on craigslist.com to see if anyone would donate items, or a local school or church.
Heather
marciae

Post by marciae »

Thank you so much for your ideas. I appreciate it.
marciae
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Hi and welcome to the boards. You might try craigslist or freecycle to find someone local to you that is unloading stuff.
marciae

Post by marciae »

I was just now searching craigslist. Freecycle is new to me, so I'll go there. Thank you very much for letting me know about it.

marciae
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

What area are you from? are you in the US.?
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
marciae

Post by marciae »

Yes, I live in MN