Crafting armoire

General discussion about scrapbooking
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Re: Crafting armoire

Post by jasenj1 »

Here's pics of it set up. If you want some particular detail or angle, let me know.
Notice that the unit cannot be flush against a wall, it must have space for the door to swing open enough for the drawer to slide out. It comes with six shelf inserts. On the bottom are four feet that can be raised or lowered to square up the unit and give it a little backward tilt so the doors stay open.
If the drawers are out, the unit is a bit front heavy and will tilt forward!
IMG_6222-small.jpg
IMG_6222-small.jpg (45.29 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
IMG_6223-small.jpg
IMG_6223-small.jpg (53.78 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
IMG_6225-small.jpg
IMG_6225-small.jpg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Thanks for posting the pictures. Did the power strip come with the unit?
Todd
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

talanhart wrote:Thanks for posting the pictures. Did the power strip come with the unit?
Yes. It has three outlets. It has no on-off switch. There are pre-made holes to thread it through the cabinet.
Where we have the armoire is right in front of the wall outlet and I had to cut a hole/flap in the back for the plug to stick out into; i.e. the plug is not flat; it's a regular extension cord. The back of the armoire is heavy cardboard (standard Sauder).

- Jasen.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Man I would need more space than that for just my paper.>LOL. It does look great though..
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

I'm with you Joann, it wouldn't begin to hold my paper. I just bought a 6 ft and 8 ft counter top to make a 14 ft long work space for my new craft room. Now all I need is something to hold up the counter top. There are so many boxes to unpack but I have no where to unpack them yet. My hubby can't understand why I am so anxious. I have been with out craft and my Cricut for almost 4 months.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

lindamac wrote:I'm with you Joann, it wouldn't begin to hold my paper. I just bought a 6 ft and 8 ft counter top to make a 14 ft long work space for my new craft room. Now all I need is something to hold up the counter top. There are so many boxes to unpack but I have no where to unpack them yet. My hubby can't understand why I am so anxious. I have been with out craft and my Cricut for almost 4 months.

I hope you get set up soon. I know you are anxious to get crafting again.
Todd
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

Wow, great job with the armoire! I have been drooling over some of the neat looking set-ups in Home Decorators Collection too.