Chipboard With the Expression

General discussion about scrapbooking
Tingha Treasures

Re: Chipboard With the Expression

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Marly we wouldnt even suggest you are hijacking the thread :D Its great to get everyones experiences.

Getting back to chipboard/cardstock cutting it really seems to be trial and error. When I got my E and SCAL I tried a cut on all the papers and cardstock I have and Ive made up a folder with what settings I used.

Hate to tell my DH it isnt going to cut the card I bought it for in the first place LOL

There is so much difference to the way cardstock is manufacturred these days, especially the recycled card it seems to disintergrate.

Christine
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Tingha Treasures wrote:When I got my E and SCAL I tried a cut on all the papers and cardstock I have and Ive made up a folder with what settings I used.
Do you know what works best with some of the commonly used supplies, such as Bazzil paper, DCWV cardstock stacks, DCWV patterned paper stacks, etc.? Has anyone a thread, FAQ or wiki on this kind of thing? I hate to ruin good paper if I don't have to. You know how you have your favorite pieces you've saved for just THE projects. ;)
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

it really is worth experimenting with what you have :D Paper and card can vary quite a bit.
It can also depend on storage and handling. Paper does absorb moisture.
Im in a cool drier climate now but when I lived in an area with high humidity I had to make sure my supplies were stored in air tight boxes.

I have a friend here in Australia who cant successfullly cut DCVW glitter cardstock but I have no trouble :?

Im sure some of the Old hands will have some help/comments :D
NurseMel

Post by NurseMel »

I tend to just leave my settings on my Big E on blade depth 5, and high pressure (I know I know I'm lazy!!). This works great for the DCWV Papers (which are thicker anyway), DCWV Cardstock, most Bazzills, and the Co-ordinations range of Cardstock (I loveeeeeeeee how this cuts on the Cricut, so much crisper and cleaner than Bazzill!!) Bazzill I find tends to be hit or miss, it really depends on the pattern on it! Some of the criss cross Bazzills as opposed to the linen look Bazzill tends to rip more or not cut all the way through.

If I'm cutting thinner paper (which I alway used to seem to rip regardless of my settings), I merely adhere it to a cheap piece of white cardstock (I bought a pack at Crazy Clark's - 20 sheets for @ $4.00), and then cut it as I would my cardstock. This way it doesn't rip.

Hope this helps,
Mel
lowcarbgirl

Post by lowcarbgirl »

I use the 12 x 12 chipboard that the scrapboard gives me when they bag my paper and cardstock. I have to set my Expression to multi cut but it does work
Anniee

Post by Anniee »

I found this while trying to find the right settings for the Deep Cut Blade. I hope it answers all your questions
http://content.cricut.com/b/downloads/p ... _guide.pdf