Chipboard With the Expression

General discussion about scrapbooking
Decemberroses

Chipboard With the Expression

Post by Decemberroses »

Anybody tried chipboard other than cereal boxes? What gauge works well? Any suggestions for chipboard sheets?
papasue

Re: Chipboard With the Expression

Post by papasue »

Wondering the same thing. I find a lot of chipboard for sale with all different thickness in cm....doesn't mean anything to me.

What thickness have you cut?

papasue
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

I'm wondering the same thing. I see Cricut now has that deep cut blade, but I thought their literature said you can use the multi-cut feature to cut chipboard. I'm just wondering whether a $30 blade is necessary, and if it is, at what thickness of chipboard would you need to start using it.
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hi
I havent had any luck with the deep blade and housing cutting anything thicker than the normal blade.

Ive cut .22mm with very sticky mat,med speed,new normal blade at 6 and multi cut 2
Im waiting for the stamp material to try doing my own stamps.
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Oh, yes, stamps! I am so out-of-my-gourd-excited to know we can make them with the Cricut!
Tingha Treasures wrote:Hi
I havent had any luck with the deep blade and housing cutting anything thicker than the normal blade.

Ive cut .22mm with very sticky mat,med speed,new normal blade at 6 and multi cut 2
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

yes it should be pretty good I think have you watch the video on Utube?
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Yes, I sure did! Only, I think I originally saw them on Scrapbookdiecutter site as the result of a Google search for something. Their message boards are neat, too. I'm glad you asked about that, because it reminded me to bookmark the forum so I'll visit it regularly, too.
Gardenwife's Plot
Marly

Post by Marly »

I bought the acrylic stamp material and the deep cut blade from the diecutter site and the stamp material cuts JUST LIKE BUTTER!! It is sooooo cool. The only thing you have to do is lightly buff the stamping side of the cutout stamp with the finest sandpaper you can get. It makes the ink adhere much better. Otherwise it just separates the ink into bubbles.

Now, in order not to be contributing to hijacking this thread, I DO have a comment to add about the chipboard question. I can't find sheets of chipboard to try!!!! I have resorted to getting the photo mailing envelopes as an alternate to chipboard. They are firm. I have successfully cut them on my babybug withe the diecutter's deep cut blade but still need to multicut.

Gardenwife wrote:Oh, yes, stamps! I am so out-of-my-gourd-excited to know we can make them with the Cricut!
Tingha Treasures wrote:Hi

Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Marly wrote:I bought the acrylic stamp material and the deep cut blade from the diecutter site and the stamp material cuts JUST LIKE BUTTER!! It is sooooo cool. The only thing you have to do is lightly buff the stamping side of the cutout stamp with the finest sandpaper you can get. It makes the ink adhere much better. Otherwise it just separates the ink into bubbles.
I've noticed that with a lot of store bought acrylic stamps. Rubbing them with a pencil eraser works, too. When you cut the sheet, do you just rub the whole sheet with the sandpaper first, or do you just prepare each individual stamp? I'd think doing the whole sheet initially would be less labor intensive.
Gardenwife's Plot
Marly

Post by Marly »

Gardenwife wrote:
Marly wrote:I bought the acrylic stamp material and the deep cut blade from the diecutter site and the stamp material cuts JUST LIKE BUTTER!! It is sooooo cool. The only thing you have to do is lightly buff the stamping side of the cutout stamp with the finest sandpaper you can get. It makes the ink adhere much better. Otherwise it just separates the ink into bubbles.
I've noticed that with a lot of store bought acrylic stamps. Rubbing them with a pencil eraser works, too. When you cut the sheet, do you just rub the whole sheet with the sandpaper first, or do you just prepare each individual stamp? I'd think doing the whole sheet initially would be less labor intensive.

You're brilliant!! That makes way too much sense to me!! :lol: