Sizzix Embossing Machine

General discussion about scrapbooking
lindab

Sizzix Embossing Machine

Post by lindab »

Hi Ya'll!
Looking for someone that can give me some information on the Sizzix embossing machine or any other machine they know of that is affordable and that embosses. And if they have templates you can buy for them, where, how much, can you use the metal stenciles I have now with them, etc. I sure would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks ALOT
Linda
firstcut

Re: Sizzix Embossing Machine

Post by firstcut »

I have a cuttlebug but I think the Sizzix embossing machine is similar. You can buy folders at craft stores. I am pretty sure you can use Cuttlebug folders in the Sizzix. Big Lots has cuttlebug folders on clearance right now for $2 and ohmycrafts.com is clearing out a bunch of them, too. Normally they are about $5 but you can use coupons or find them on sale frequently.
I just posted on my blog and easy way to make your own embossing dies with the Cricut
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2010 ... sy-emboss/
lindab

Post by lindab »

Thanks Kay. I will buy me a Cuttlebug tomorrow. Then go to Big Lots, then to Michaels, then go to............
I have the Circut, and I bought the SCAL software. I haven't played with it to much at all, when I have tried to work with it, I can't seem to get it to do the things Michelle gets it to do. My Mother won a Craft Week end at the Scrapbook Cottage that is in Spartanbug, SC in October, and I hope the lady there is familiar with the software. I always do better if someone shows me how to do something first. We can invite 15 people, so since I am new to this type of crafting, maybe someone I invite will know how to use it. Wanna Come???? (I'm being serious! It's free for 3 days 2 nights) I'll let you know how the Cuttlebug works for me!!!! Just hope the sale on the templates are still on at Big Lots.
Thanks,
Linda
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Linda,
I am a native South Carolinian so if you are serious, PM me with the details and I'll see if I can work it out. Love showing people how to use SCAL.

And as for your shopping trip, check Big Lots before you buy the Cuttlebug as I think they might have it on sale, too. And I think you can use a coupon if you buy it at Michaels. (not excluded like Cricut stuff).
-Kay
lindab

Post by lindab »

OMG are you serious????? We have it reserved I think for the second week end in Oct. You can have a room, there are 2 beds in it (double) so you can bring a friend and have a bed apiece or three friends if ya'll don't mind sleeping together. Go on ScrapBKCreations.com to look at the cottage. They have a big scrapping room and a cafe place to eat, and a scrapping store. Food and drink is not included. It's not for us either. This is fantastic!!!! I hope it works out. I am on Facebook if you want to see what I look like under Linda B Landrum. My email address is lbljbl@windstream.net. Don't lose me.... :D
Linda
lindab

Post by lindab »

Kay ordered the Cuttlebug from HSN today. I think it came with 12 foldders. Said I should get it by the 14th of June. Looking forward to it.