EMBOSSING

General discussion about scrapbooking
kosy2

EMBOSSING

Post by kosy2 »

Does any one know of a way to use the Cricut to emboss? I would like to emboss a 12 x 12 cardstock page.
Shelley

Re: EMBOSSING

Post by Shelley »

That's gonna have to be the next thing they figure out! :lol: Need a special (soft) mat, and some kind of stylus...
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

firstcut

Post by firstcut »

kosy,
You can use the Pazzles mat (it has to be trimmed down) and a Pazzles embossing tip (or an old blade turned upside down) to emboss. The problem is that the Cricut really doesn't have sufficient pressure for a nice emboss. Works OK on vellum, but that's about it. I did see a post in the last couple of days where the person used a piece of packaging foam on the mat and embossed with a gel pen. Here's the link
http://cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/2 ... -pens.html
uh-ohmommys*addicted

Post by uh-ohmommys*addicted »

Why yes I do......

I use closetomyheart foam that comes in every pack of stamps put that on your mat, put removable adhesive on that place your paper on, now.....turn your blade upside down in the housing. Set pressure and blade depth to high as they go and cut!!! Remeber to flip your image and if its words spell it backwords ;)
Amy Chomas

Post by Amy Chomas »

Too funny, I just posted pre-orders on my blog today for an embossing kit!!!
www.amychomas.com
I'm getting some really cool effects with them and just wish I had more time to play and do more!
Tell me what you think!!
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Are you able to emboss on cardstock?
Doomo

Post by Doomo »

Here is a double sided embosser from the makers of the Gel Pen Holder for the Cricut. http://www.cri-kits.com/embosser. Fit in the magnetic holder and has a small tip and a large. Just what your looking for. Going to be on pre-sale soon.
Amy Chomas

Post by Amy Chomas »

kosy2 wrote:Are you able to emboss on cardstock?
It does show up on the thinner, smooth cardstock. I'm going to be posting pictures on my blog tomorrow of some samples I've done on cardstock. www.amychomas.com
Thanks! Amy
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

What about for scoring cardstock? Sounds like this might be perfect with SCAL to score and cut boxes, etc. using layers.
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Amy,

Just pre ordered your embossing kit. Can't wait to get it and start playing around. My hope it to emboss like Cuttlebug folders only on 12 x 12 paper.

Thanks for all your hard work :D