Need your help!

General discussion about scrapbooking
Jannah

Need your help!

Post by Jannah »

Hi all,

I think you guys are one of the most creative bunch I have ever *met*.
I need your help on a small project I have. My sister's birthday is next week and I want to do some handmade gifts for her. She's been through a lot lately, was diagnosed with cancer last year and had to go through operations and chemotherapy and being away from her two kids during those times. She was one of the lucky ones as the cancer was on really early stage and they managed to remove it all. But she still has to face with hormone imbalances making her go into depression and anger with no reason. so I made it my mission to give her some presents this year that would remind her of the good things in life and some love in them as well :) I got some ideas, but if you guys have some I would REALLY appreciate it! and of course I'll post later on what I managed to create :)

Thank you all

any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
Deloris

Re: Need your help!

Post by Deloris »

What about a coupon booklet filled with fun things she can do to help lift the depression? When you are laughing and having fun it's hard to be depressed. You could include coupons for renting funny movies, buying a commedy CD to listen to, massage or day at a spa, out to eat at her favorite restaurant....Anything that will perk her up and make her see the good things in life.
jamie Lane

Post by jamie Lane »

I love the coupon book idea!
What about a small scrapbook of family events/the kids that she could take with her to hospital visits?
Jannah

Post by Jannah »

Thank you guys! both of the ideas are very nice. please keep them coming.. have the whole week to work on them :)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Here's an idea...

I think a hanging lamp would be kinda fun to make? You could get a real pretty and detailed cut, and line it with vellum paper, and for the light I don't know exactly off the top of my head, but I'm thinking of like white Christmas lights... but not the whole string...

Anyway, that'd be kinda neat?
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

Jannah

Post by Jannah »

thank you Shelley :)

Going to do some projects by this week and see what I come up with in the end.

Thanks again guys :)
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

How about a memory album with photos of you and her when you were growing up..Funny things you remember.... If you have the paper dolls cartridge you could even make the characters from those of the both of you but just put your face photos on the dolls/. When she's having a bad moment she can take that memory book out and reminisce of the fun times you've had and funny moments....
Jannah

Post by Jannah »

Im combining the memory book with the scrapbook so its going to look lovely thanks to your guys :) thank you
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Wear Pink Everyone remind her how much she has overcome to be there with all of you to celebrate this day. We did it for my mother in law she had to have a radical masstectomy and she truly loved it :P
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/